It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• pregnancy after LEEP procedure?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #16
    chrissy333
    Veteran
    (female)

chrissy333 HB User
    Re: pregnancy after LEEP procedure?

Hi there. I've had 2 LEEPs done. One was before my first pregnancy 4 years ago. I had my second one less than 6 months before my current pregnancy. There was some concern about the two procedures possibly resulting in an incompetant cervix this time around. I was checked regularly via u/s up until about 23 weeks to make sure everything was ok, and it was. I'm now 35 weeks and my cervix is still clamped shut! In my discussions with my Gyno, she said that a bit of the cervix is removed with the leep (the amount depends on the severity of the dysplasia). I guess after multiple procedures they start to worry about about cervica imcompetance. You should be a-ok after only one.

HTH!
    due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #17
    athome1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

athome1 HB User
    Re: pregnancy after LEEP procedure?

I had a LEEP done and have had 3 children since. I did have 3 m/c's, but I really don't think the LEEP played any role in them. My doctor did note with each pregnancy that I did have the procedure done and kept an "eye" on my cervix to make sure it wasn't too thin. I was fine each time. My girlfriend though, did have issues b/c of the procedure and ended up on bedrest w/ her pregnancy because her cervix was weak. More likely than not, you'll be fine! Good luck

Closed Thread