It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• How long after miscarriage?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User
    Exclamation How long after miscarriage?

Hi, I'm wondering how long it took any of you to get pregnant following an early miscarriage? And if you had any unusual symptoms the first month following the miscarriage? Last month (August) I had a confirmed miscarriage at 4w+5days and I suspect I had a missed miscarriage in July at 3w+3days. I am trying again, and this month had alot of pg symptoms about 6dpo that lasted about a week or so(I would have been willing to bet money I was pregnant from the symptoms I was feeling) , now they are diminished but I still have them on a regualr basis. Still waiting for AF which (if I was going to be as regular as I was prior) should have been here yesturday or today at the latest. I have a GYN appointment on Wednesday but am just wondering if those could be pg symptoms or just hormonal symptoms from the miscarriage still. I'm a newbie here, and have been checking out a few posts and have seen such wonderful helpful replies, I'm hoping some of you will be able to answer mine too.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 09-20-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2004, 01:14 PM   #2
    Chrissi
    Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User
    Re: How long after miscarriage?

i know a lady who got pregnant about a month after her MC....and now is about 5 weeks along or so.....

dont let it get you down....you will have your little bundle soon i bet

Old 09-20-2004, 01:15 PM   #3
    jessi0198

jessi0198 HB User

Hello, sorry about your loss. I also had a miscarriage at 4wks5days in April03. It took me over a year to get pregnant again. I am now 9 weeks.
    I've heard that after a miscarriage, your period may not come right on time because it can take time for your body to get back to normal. However, I've also know people who have got pregnant right after a miscarriage without any period in between. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but wish you luck!
    jessica

Old 09-20-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Thanks for posting ladies, I'm keeping my fingers crossed but still keeping in mind it could just be hormonal symptoms from the miscarriage. But about 6DPO I got really sore boobies, and they seemed bigger, I also had tingling and crampiness like a milk letdown feeling in them, I also had, heartburn, cramping, moodiness, gas, prolonged luteal phase according to opk tests, increasing waistline and tiredness. I still have some of the symptoms just not as prominent as in the beginning. I wish my GYN appointment was today! He used to be a very successful OB and is very thorough so I'm hoping he does something if I'm not pg, to ensure I don't have any more miscarriages. P.S Congrats jessi0198 on your pregnancy!

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 09-20-2004 at 02:43 PM.

Old 09-22-2004, 10:50 AM   #5
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Well Aunt Flow still hasn't shown up she should have been here Sunday, but I assume the miscarriage screwed up my cycle, I took a HPT yesturday and didn't see any + line so I assume I'm not. I go to the GYN today to see what he thinks about the miscarriage(s) and see what I can do. I wonder how much time they schedule between patients...I'm going equiped with a long list of things to discuss so lets hope they give me time. I'm hoping he doesn't give me the "wait one year, then come see me" story because I want to be pregnant now, not later! I'm sure I have low progesterone or something so hopefully he'll try to find out and do something about it. I think my hormones are all wonky too, because I have had so many symptoms over the last month I would have bet money I was pregnant. Anyone else have pg symptoms that turned out correct or just hormone related the month after a miscarriage? Or anyone get pregnant after a miscarriage but have tests not confirm it? I heard of a friends sister who had a miscarriage and found out 8 weeks later that she got pregnant the day after the miscarriage(I don't know if that part is true) and I'm not sure if she had done HPT's during that time or not, I'm waiting to find out. Well, that's about all for now, I'll talk to you soon.

Old 09-22-2004, 06:14 PM   #6
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Hi, well I went to the Dr and he wouldn't do anything quite yet, but he is only counting last months miscarriage as a miscarriage. He doesn't think I had one the month before. He thinks I'll be pregnant within the next 4 months, but if I'm not pregnant by spring, then I can go back and he'll start looking into it. He checked my cervix and ovaries and all looks perfectly fine. He said in any given month you only have a 15% chance to get pregnant and thats only when you're doing everything right, and of that 15%, 50% of them end in miscarriage, the majority before the woman even realizes she was pregnant. He also gave me a blood req. and if I don't get my period within the week I can go get a blood pregancy test. I told him I took a urine one yesturday and it was negative but he said it would be because it's too early, so I'm assuming he's thinking I ovulated late and may still be pregnant, I don't think I am though, we were going by my chart so if I ovulated later, I think we were to early to catch the eggie.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:24 AM   #7
    jessi0198

jessi0198 HB User

I heard that of the 15% successfull pregnancies, about 25% end in miscarriage. That's what my doctor told me, but their all different! Maybe you could use my doctor's statistics instead to give you a little more light at the end of the tunnel . Good luck with everything!!
    Jessica

Old 09-23-2004, 08:47 AM   #8
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

jessi0198, I like your Dr's odds better. I forgot to mention, my Dr said if I wasn't pregnant by Spring OR I have 3 consecutive miscarriages I can go back and he will look into it. I'm not too stressed about it, I believe I will be pregnant soon too, I'm just impatient! I have a few friends who are pregnant right now, and sometimes it just doesn't seem fair. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy for each of them, but for example, one of my friends is pregnant and has had a rough pregnancy, she just does not even want to be pregnant anymore, she wants the baby but not the pregnancy and delivery that go with it. Every time I talk or email her she is complaining about one thing or another, I know I had tough times in my pregnancy too and 20 1/2 hours of labor, but too be honest, I am so looking forward to it all again, that none of that matters. Aunt Flow decided to show up this morning, so my cycle has officially started, I plan to change our routine this month a bit and see if it gives us better results. I think my 2WW's will be tough, because I can't really rely on my body symptoms anymore because even this month I could have swore I was pregnant a week after ovulating that I would have bet money. Well, that's all for now. Thanks for the good luck, I'll take all I can get
    I've read something about pregnancy cocktails on here, anyone know what that is and what it does exactly?

Old 09-25-2004, 10:29 PM   #9
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Well, I got Aunt Flow the day after my GYN appointment...go figure! And MAN!!! Mother Nature can be cruel! I have never had such painful cramps, even when I had the miscarriage it wasn't this bad. The flow seems heavier as well. Anyone who had a miscarriage remember that happening? If yes, how many cycles before it ws back to normal? At least my cycle has started so we can start trying again, I told DH I want to try something different this month...normally I have been going by my cycle and when I assume I'm ovulating, which has been sussessful, but having had a recent miscarriage I know my ovulation can be whacky for a couple months so...and please tell me what you think about BDing every second day as soon as Aunt Flow leaves? It'll be a bit of a challenge since my DH works nights and I work days, I get him to wake me up when he gets home, then afterward I get a couple hours of sleep again while the spermies swim. I hope he can keep up...I know he'll be happy in the beggining because since DD my labido has never gotten back to normal, the Dr said it was hormonal and would come back after breastfeeding and it did but not as much as I would have liked, and now especially lately with the miscarriage, I just don't have much desire...but I'm hoping he can get through every other day this month... and every month until we do get +++++'s. I know I'll be sleepy but the reward will be worth it. Let me know what you think. Also, because I got Aunt Flow that means I am ovulating again right? I've heard on the boards that if you don't get your period you haven't ovulated so I just want to know for sure that chances are that I am ovulating if my cycle started up again...a few days late but here nonetheless. But can you still get Aunt Flow if you aren't ovulating? Wish me luck and blow as much babydust this way as you can....preferrably blue dust since that is what we are trying for...one of each would be great but either way we would be happy.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 09-25-2004 at 10:30 PM. Reason: add

Old 09-28-2004, 09:45 PM   #10
    NewBeginning

NewBeginning HB User

I'm going through something similar. Had my first MC June 1st, AF 40d later, and my last period was 8/16. I feel like i've been having PMS symptoms for about 2 1/2 weeks but no sign of AF yet. Took a preg test a few days ago but it was neg. I just want to know if irregular periods are normal like this or if i might actually be preg.

Old 09-28-2004, 10:43 PM   #11
    kierrasmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kierrasmommy HB User

My dr said it could take a couple months to get back to normal...but it doesn't mean you aren't ovulating, you can be ovulating..only like your period...not on schedule. I started a PMS crampiness again tonight and I just finished AF so don't know what's up with that, even my back is sore. Did that happen for you? You could still be pregnant, I would go back to the Dr...I had my miscarriage on 8/21/04, and hadn't gotten AF when I saw him on 09/22/04 (only 4 days late) he gave me a blood requisition to check my HCG levels a week later if I still hadn't gotten my period (which came the next day!) when I told him I had did a HPT that was negative the day before he said it would be too early to show up anyway...so I assume because we can't predict right now when we are ovulating that if we ovulate late then of course it wouldn't show up quite yet...keep me posted, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Closed Thread