It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Feelings after miscarriage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2004, 01:24 PM   #1
    MissLondon

MissLondon HB User
    Unhappy Feelings after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage last year..

Since the miscarriage all i ever seem to think about is having a baby and dispite being happy for ppl when they tell me that they are pregnant , at the same time i feel very envious and upset.
    I got pregnant quite young in my parents eyes ( aged 23) , so me being pregnant wasnt great news to them and it was a relief to them that i had the miscarriage.
    I sometimes feel like i am being overly sensitive because i seem to be the only one who cares about the whole situation and feels like the miscarriage was a something terrible ..

When i had the miscarriage i was at home and the pain was something i will never forget.
    My mum was with me at the time and seemed happy that i was losing the child , but i was devestated.
    I didnt show how devestated i was because as far as my family is concerned all that mattered was me finishing university and having something to tell their friends
    So since the miscarriage i have been unable to share my feeling with anyone.

All i seem to think about is having a baby but i cant because i also have arthritis so its hard for me to even take care of myself..
    I feel like even if i did want to try again for a child i couldnt because of the illness i have and the medication i take.
    I have an overwelming feeling that i want to have a baby but i have so many things stopping me

Has anyone been in a situation like this where they had a miscarriage but dispite wanting to try again they were unable to?

and for those who have had a miscarriage how did they feel and do the feelings ever get better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 01:53 PM   #2
    Aunt-Bon
    Veteran

Aunt-Bon HB User
    Re: Feelings after miscarriage

The feeling never goes away but it does get better. I had a M/C 5 years ago and I always think to myself how old that child would be now and would it be a boy or a girl. It would have been a Honeymoon baby. I now have a healthy 7 week old daughter that took me since the M/C to concieve. We went through all kinds of fertility treatments and drugs and we were about to start the IVF procedure when I found out I was PG naturally with her.
    8/11/04 via C-Section
    10lbs 6 oz, 20 1/2 inches

Old 09-29-2004, 03:10 PM   #3
    CruiseMomInSC
    Veteran
    (female)

CruiseMomInSC HB User

I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. I have had several miscarriages and none of them get any easier. The memory will always be there, but slowly it got easier to deal with. I am now able to talk about it, whereas before I would just get upset.

As for being envious of others who are pregnant....I still get envious and I've been able to have a baby. I don't think that part will ever go away. I wish you could snap you fingers and make it easier. I'm so sorry!

Are you married right now or in the position to start ttc again anytime soon?

I wish you lots of luck. I hope things get easier for you. It's NOT fun.

So sorry.

Old 09-29-2004, 03:40 PM   #4
    MissLondon

MissLondon HB User

Thanx for replying and the support

I am not married but i have been with my current boyfriend for a year now , I have been able to talk to him about everything and he has been very supportive.
    Until i met him i basically kept it all to myself.

It has been hard because i am unable to try again due to the fact that i have arthritis which is active so i wouldnt be in a position to take care of a child right now,
    and i also take medication for the arthritis which is harmful during pregnancies..(which is a reason why i miscarried ) so now i am constantly worrying about getting pregnant incase i miscarry again, when getting pregnant is something i would really like ..

so dispite the desire to have a child , i am unable to right now and sometimes worry if i ever will get another chance..

Closed Thread