It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Milky nipple discharge?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-10-2004, 07:03 AM   #1
    bm28
    (female)

bm28 HB User
    Milky nipple discharge?

Has anyone experienced this in early pregnancy (with expression)? I talked to the nurse at my Dr.'s office and it could just be hormonal changes but she asked if I could be pregnant and I said maybe but she said it would be too early to tell. I have to wait at least two more weeks to find out. Thanks. By the way, it's in both breasts.

Last edited by bm28; 11-10-2004 at 07:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2004, 10:08 AM   #2
    bm28
    (female)

bm28 HB User
    Re: Milky nipple discharge?

anyone???????

Old 11-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #3
    SpeisFamily

SpeisFamily HB User

Usually you do not have breast discharge until you are in your third trimester. And the discharge then is usually a yellow. You really need to see a Dr. Discharge could be a sign of breast cancer or a pituitary (gland on the bottom of the brain) tumor. Please go see a Dr.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:22 AM   #4
    bm28
    (female)

bm28 HB User

Thank you SpeisFamily for the response,

I talked to the nurse this morning at my Dr. and she said that is was perfectly normal. She said that there is no need for me to come in. It is kind of milky/yellowish tinted. The nurse asked me if there was any chance that I could be pregnant and I told her yes so she said to just keep an eye on it and call her if I notice any change. I recently went off of birth control (about 3-4 weeks ago) and I also take an anti-depressant and she said that any one of those things could cause it. Also, I've heard that the kind of discharge that is worrisome is when it only comes out of one breast. I'm trying to figure out if this is a pregnancy symtom because the nurse asked me that.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
    SpeisFamily

SpeisFamily HB User

Well the more you try to see if discharge is coming out the more your body will produce. Leave your nipples alone and it should slow down a bit. Have you missed a period yet? You can get a pregnancy test at the dollar store for only $1 but you will need a dixie cup to pee in as these tests don't come with them. But I think they aren't worth the $15 you pay for the tests that do come with them.

I produced SOOOO much milk it was unbelievable but I didn't notice it until my second trimester, which I was told was early. But if you or your significant other plays with your nipples alot and you are pregnant you WILL express some colestrum (first milk). Other pregnancy symptoms include sore breasts, nausea, and feeling very emotional. I felt so emotional at first I would start crying and didn't even know why! Take your pregnancy test after you are a few days late and be sure to keep us posted.

Last edited by SpeisFamily; 11-10-2004 at 11:31 AM.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:55 AM   #6
    bm28
    (female)

bm28 HB User

Thank you again, I have suspected pregnancy for about 2 weeks but I was on BCP for twelve years and I guess that my first ovulation being off the pills is giving me very noticeable/pregnant-like symptoms (for lack of a better term). I've never been pg before and I've already taken 4 tests! Anxious! All negative of course because it's still too early to tell. So, my other symptoms: Fatigue! heavy breasts, headaches, extremely heavy clear discharge for about a week (brown tinted one day) lower abdomen pain on one side, and then this last night! That was the final straw that made me call my doctor. If I'm not pregnant I just wonder what is going on. The good thing is that it just so happens that my yearly gyno. exam is in three weeks so I can talk to my Dr. about it all then unless something happens from now until then.

Closed Thread