It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• i feel like the tin man, rusty and stiff!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #1
    Hope2Heal
    Veteran
    (female)

Hope2Heal HB User
    i feel like the tin man, rusty and stiff!

Hi all

I have become very stiff and achey in the last month and half. Especially my feet, knees and hands/fingers. Sometimes i cannot even bend my pinky finger or it feels not attached to the joint. Often i wake up in the middle of the night with numb hands. my doc says its all normal and result of extra weight and retaining water. When i first stand up in the morning my feet can barely hold me up, they are so stiff and sore, and i am limping around for awhile. it improves during the day if i am moving around, but mornings and late night are the worst.

Any suggestions for relieving the discomfort or do i just deal with it til baby arrives?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
    kxc
    (female)

kxc HB User
    Re: i feel like the tin man, rusty and stiff!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hope2Heal View Post
    Hi all

I have become very stiff and achey in the last month and half. Especially my feet, knees and hands/fingers. Sometimes i cannot even bend my pinky finger or it feels not attached to the joint. Often i wake up in the middle of the night with numb hands. my doc says its all normal and result of extra weight and retaining water. When i first stand up in the morning my feet can barely hold me up, they are so stiff and sore, and i am limping around for awhile. it improves during the day if i am moving around, but mornings and late night are the worst.

Any suggestions for relieving the discomfort or do i just deal with it til baby arrives?

Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
    kxc
    (female)

kxc HB User
    Exclamation Re: i feel like the tin man, rusty and stiff!

Hi Hope!

And I do hope you are feeling much better--it has been a few years since you discussed your complaints; however, I felt the need to reply as I seem to have the exact symptoms.

My left pinky/nuckle and adjacent knuckle,,,begin to get sore about an hour after I TRY to go to sleep. By the time I awake...my pinky feels as if it is disjointed..almost has to "pop" to get into place.

I have severe pain in both ankles...when I awake, I cannot walk with out severe pain..I have to force the steps and after about a minute..they loosen up enough to where I can maneuver around but the soreness persists. During the day they just have a dull aching feeling.

It is just really strange that BOTH ankles feel this way and I have various joints that are sore/hurt....no redness...just tender to the touch.

I am currently suffering from a severe gluteal/hamstring tear...going to pt for it...I guess I will mention the pain...but I hate to complain about something else. I have had lumbar/SI problems for 5 years after a severe car accident. Before that..I was healthy, running 5 milex 2x day....Needless to say I havent run since.

LONG WAY TO GET TO: DID YOU FIND OUT THE CAUSATION OF YOUR ANKLE /JOINT PAIN? IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE--OTHER THAN SEE A RHEUMATOLOGIST..( IT IS ACUTE AT THIS POINT)///I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.:c

Old 05-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
    justmel30
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

justmel30 HB User
    Re: i feel like the tin man, rusty and stiff!

I go through this too. It feels like everything is swollen and stiff. For me, I just make sure I dont stop until I'm done for the day because like you said, once you get back off of your feet, it's hard to get up and get moving again. Good luck!
    Melissa

Closed Thread