It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• nearly 6 weeks and feeling weak is this normal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-06-2004, 04:04 AM   #1
    Boo Boo
    Veteran
    (female)

Boo Boo HB User
    Thumbs down nearly 6 weeks and feeling weak is this normal

I found out last week that l was 5 weeks pregnant l have not had my first scan yet though. This morning l woke up to go to work. l started to feel nauseaus. l was not sick started to feel weak , had some porridge, then l started to get cramps in my pelvic area , not severe moderate also some wind too !!. Anyway had to call in sick at work has anyone else experienced this? how long will it go on fo r?

thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2004, 05:11 AM   #2
    mommaboyz
    Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
    Re: nearly 6 weeks and feeling weak is this normal

Yes its common to feel this way. Its hard to say how long it will go on for. Normally the say you will start to feel better in your third month. I am 15 weeks and I feel weak still all of a sudden and I will have to sit down. I dont know why it happens. Also gas is common for many women during pg. I had it bad wiht one of my pg but not this one thank goodness.I guess its just babys way of letting you know its there this early on.

Old 12-06-2004, 05:20 AM   #3
    susieq0726
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Yes - Many women are very weak and tired during their first few weeks. Because the first weeks are so important, I think you are tired so you will rest alot during this time.
    Please take good care of yourself, and take lots of naps! What a great reason to be sleepy!

Old 12-06-2004, 05:27 AM   #4
    Boo Boo
    Veteran
    (female)

Boo Boo HB User
    Wink Re: nearly 6 weeks and feeling weak is this normal

Thanks alot ladies, thats good to know, l cant believe l have so much to ask and sometimes feel silly asking things!!

My husband keeps telling me to smile all the time which l know is good for the baby but l feel a bit down! so l am know walking around with a smile on my face! must remember that when l stary to feel a bit aaggh !

Thanks again

Old 12-06-2004, 09:02 AM   #5
    Mary0114
    (female)

Mary0114 HB User

I remember being so tired the first trimester that I could barely walk. Then, all of the sudden, during the second trimester, I had so much energy. Just take your prenatals. You'll get through it.

Old 12-06-2004, 09:13 AM   #6
    ThirdTimeCharm

ThirdTimeCharm HB User

Get used to feeling weak for the first trimester! I was so weak I just stayed on the couch and watched TV for about 3 weeks. It was ridiculous. If I hadn't known I was pregnant, I would have thought something was horribly wrong with me! I'm now at the beginning of my second trimester, and I am not quite as tired as before, but still get short of breath easily and I'm not my usual hyper, clean-freak self! But no matter how bad I feel, it's going to be worth it when I get to hold my baby!

Miscarriage July 2004
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EDD June 12, 2005
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-06-2004, 10:50 AM   #7
    dizzygirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dizzygirl HB User

Lara- It's funny you should mention the "usual clean freak" thing. I am a usual SUPER clean freak, but when I was going through my first trimester, the bathroom was dirty, the fridge, etc, and I didn't care! Well, now I am back to my normal self, and scrubbed my bathroom for 1 hour today!

Old 12-06-2004, 12:59 PM   #8
    Boo Boo
    Veteran
    (female)

Boo Boo HB User

its good to hear thats normal, well l have weird nausea to look forward to which occurs in morning and afternoon then starts to creep up on me in the evening, so im having lots of lime with water!!

Old 12-07-2004, 02:59 PM   #9
    Mary0114
    (female)

Mary0114 HB User

Sweetarts help nausea very well.

Old 12-08-2004, 03:52 AM   #10
    Boo Boo
    Veteran
    (female)

Boo Boo HB User

cool will be buying some sewwt hearts are they like the sweets that have messages on and kind of fizz in your mouth and dissolve?

Old 12-16-2004, 07:10 PM   #11
    cassandrasmommy
    (female)

cassandrasmommy HB User

Boo Boo, I was tired my entire pregnancy with my DD. I slept the whole time. I would wake up to get sick and eat..... then do it all over again! LOL!
    DD-12/12/05
    DS-8/7/09

Old 12-16-2004, 07:50 PM   #12
    Kistal
    (female)

Kistal HB User

I feel the same way! But it's a good excuse to make hubby do the house chores

Closed Thread