It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• how much movement should be felt at 7 months

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2005, 09:40 AM   #1
    needhealing777
    (female)

needhealing777 HB Userneedhealing777 HB User
    how much movement should be felt at 7 months

My daughter will be 7 months next week and doesn't feel as much movement as she has in the past..is this nomal? I haven't been pregnant in so long I can't remember.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2005, 04:50 PM   #2
    Alleyne

Alleyne HB User
    Re: how much movement should be felt at 7 months

If you are worried about fetal movement... just do a simple test... Drink or eat something, best if it is sweet like Orange Juice or soda. Then lay down, some say on your left side, and start to counting kicks. I would also mention you feel less movement to your doctor. It is practically the first thing my doctor asks me at my appointments -- "Is the baby active?". It is important that you pay attention to fetal movement.

I will be exactly 30weeks this Wednesday and I must say my baby is moving much more... and she is much stronger. But she seems to be a night owl. I don't feel all too much during the day (but that could be because I am busy at work and not paying attention) but during the evening and bedtime... watch out... this little girl is on a mission!

Old 03-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
    jmcummins3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jmcummins3 HB User

At 7 months, the baby should still be moving and just as active. If she is concerned, she can do the kick count as the other poster suggested or call the OB and have them do a non-stress test. They will hook her up to a fetal monitor and basically do the kick count there while monitoring the heart rate. I am 31 1/2 weeks and my baby is still very active.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
    Angela3
    (female)

Angela3 HB User

Personally, i have CONSTANT movemoent all day and night and im sure this baby(my third) is a soccer player or karate expert . My last preg, my daughter was active but not as much as this one!!!!

Old 03-03-2005, 03:20 PM   #5
    TulipDawn
    (female)

TulipDawn HB User

Well last week I went for about 18 hours w/o feeling my little one. I called the md and they got me in to be sure everything was alright (after I tried the juice trick and still nothing)-everything was fine...since then it's like a kickboxing tournament going on in there with my abdomen.

My best advice is if she's worried call the md. I actually got scolded by my md because I was so worried and put off calling her incase I was just being "silly"...

Closed Thread