It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• HcG levels dipping and rising???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
    FightClub
    (male)

FightClub HB User
    HcG levels dipping and rising???

My gf found out she was pregnant two weeks ago. She bled a bit which made her quite worried. Her first blood work showed hormone levels of 258 (apparently a normal sign that she was pregnant). The second set of tests showed lower results (when they should have doubled!!) 192 they were. The doctor ordered a third set of tests which we were expecting would be even lower since we figured she had miscarried...but NO!!! They went back up to two hundred some (still far from the "doubling" that should occur.)
    We are both terribly confused. She will be going to the ER for an U/S but right now we need to know what you guys think. Is this a sign of an unhealthy baby? Is this normal when there's an empty sac or something?

Last edited by FightClub; 08-04-2005 at 04:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2005, 07:31 PM   #2
    FightClub
    (male)

FightClub HB User
    Re: HcG levels dipping and rising???

nobody has any insight on this issue?

Old 08-04-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
    polbilly
    Veteran
    (female)

polbilly HB User
    Re: HcG levels dipping and rising???

i have lost two babies and i am pretty good with understanding the HCG since i have had probably 20 done, I you found out that you guys were pg a couple of weeks ago its pretty safe to say you would be around 6 weeks pg.. i dont know when you had your levels taken but if it was this week i would say that they are pretty low. At that number you wouldnt be able to see anything with an ultrasound general rule of thumb is that you have to have an hcg level of roughly 1300 and thats coming from my DR. I had an ultrasound at a level of 5400 and only saw a gestational sac at 6 weeks.

As far as you numbers im not god or a dr. but honestly when the numbers decrease and do not double things dont look very good, for a healthy pregnancy the levels should double every 48 hours.

i wish you both the best please let me know what you find out, if you have anyother questions just ask there are tons of women here who have great advice

melissa

2/14/05 Baby hope Ectopic
    6/13/05 miscarriage
    7/11/05 PG (heard heartbeat)

Closed Thread