It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Stretch Marks Updates...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2005, 06:41 PM   #1
    babygirl224
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

babygirl224 HB User
    Unhappy Stretch Marks Updates...

The one thing i am terrified about is stretch marks. I know peopole say it doesnt matter how much lotion you put on because stretch marks are hereditery. I have 5 weeks to go and so far i have gotten them on my breasts and on my hips. I was watching a Baby Story today and I couldn't believe the amount of stretch marks this woman had all over her stomach. I don't mind them anywhere else but these went completely up and down the whole thing. I hope that i can be spared in that area but if not, i will at least have a beautiful daughter that will certainly make up for it.

Hows everyone else doing with stretch marks?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #2
    Gayle0000
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Gayle0000 HB User
    Re: Stretch Marks Updates...

I'm in my 40th week and have managed to be stretch mark free. (thank you god) I'm being induced on Wednesday, so unless something disasterous happens in the next 4 days, I think I'll be good.

My mom never got stretch marks with my brother or me.

I did lotion early on in the first trimester, but got pretty tired of all that as it got warmer outside, and I got lazy...AND clogged pores on my stomach from all the lotion.

There were a few times during the pregancy where the belly grew fast, and I went on alert for about a week with the lotions...but again...I got lazy & too hot.

I started with a 27 inch waist. I just measured it today...it's now 44 inches. Now I'm worried about whether the skin will actally tighten up like it was.
    Gayle

Old 09-02-2005, 07:00 PM   #3
    lex jude
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lex jude HB User

I didn't have them until around 30 weeks...and then BAM.......one appeared....and then another...and another...until my whole lower stomach was covered!!!! It's horrifying....I'm so self concious about it, I don't want ANYONE looking at my belly ANd I will tell you, I've been using lotion ALL my life practically....I'm addicted to Bath and Body works, and I slather it on every day, sometimes twice a day...plus I got special lotion for my belly...everything. We'll see how they look when I lose the weight, but they look red not nice at all. Not to scare you but eh.......

Although I do know someone who had them, and they faded with time and excercise...I think it depends on your body

Old 09-02-2005, 07:08 PM   #4
    Jessthemess
    Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

At week 35, I have like 2 on one of my boobs, and some on my butt, but none on my stomach. I never, ever thought I would get them. That's what I get for thinking.

Last edited by Jessthemess; 09-02-2005 at 07:09 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:22 PM   #5
    Kali
    Inactive

Kali HB User

I'm 10 weeks, 5 days, and have two on either breast, and two on either side above my belly button, and a bunch on my hips. I'm trying everything to keep them at bay and it doesn't seem to be helping. I haven't gained a lot of weight either, just stretching.

Last edited by Kali; 09-02-2005 at 07:22 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
    Nylarual
    (female)

Nylarual HB User

I didn't get a single stretch mark until my last two or three weeks of pregnancy. It was like, overnight, my belly skin had just finally given up. My baby weighed over 10 pounds though, and I gained 50, so I'm actually surprised my marks weren't much, much worse. Most of my stretch marks have faded by now, but the skin looks kind of wrinkly and a little loose;doesn't hang, though. Don't think you have escaped stretch marks until the day you go to the hospital. I didn't notice most of mine until after I had delivered and the skin was loose. By the way, I was faithful about lotions, had the Magia Bella stuff, plus some cocoa butter lotion. It at least kept my belly from feeling itchy and like it was about to rip open!

Old 09-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #7
    Sherbet
    Veteran
    (female)

Sherbet HB User

I'm at 27 weeks and at around 22 weeks they started appearing on my lower abdomen. Now I have quite a collection forming!!!! My mum got them too with both my brother and me.

ps.... 10lbs phew! Full credit momma!

Old 09-03-2005, 11:32 AM   #8
    LadyoftheLake
    (female)

LadyoftheLake HB User

I wish I was one of those women that could have 10 kids and still look like a model, but I was one of the unfortunates that got consume by those little red, pink and purple monsters.
    3 years later, well I noticed the other day that they have softened in feeling, and many have faded but I still look like I jumped in a paper shredder. It makes me feel good to know that I'm not the only one and that there is at least someone out there who has them worse than I do. I know that sounds mean, but hey it is the truth.
    But something I think about alot is that there are tons of people out there with horrible conditions that mulate their face and body, or their physical and mental abilities that we take for granted everyday and that if all I got out of life was a body full of stretch marks from having a beautiful healthy baby then I have nothing to complain about.

Old 09-03-2005, 04:11 PM   #9
    brittney_marie
    (female)

brittney_marie HB User

I am 25 weeks and my boobs are completely striped like a zebra! It makes me feel that once my belly gets bigger they will appear just as bad there too! Gosh I hope not, but I agree that there are people with far worst conditions in life. People that are horribly burned in fires!!! If I could choose a healthy baby over a nice looking body after the baby, I would absolutely choose the healthy baby, I mean who wouldnt!!!??!!!

Old 09-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #10
    sweeterthan
    (female)

sweeterthan HB User

I am 26 weeks and so far no stretch marks (knock on wood!) I do however have those purple "spider veins" on my hips and my butt, it looks so bad. But my mom said she got them too when she was pregnant but they go away. I don't think my mom has stretch marks. I really hope I don't get stretch marks. My belly is already pretty big and I check everyday, I think I will cry if I find one. LOL! But if I do, then thats just life. I do put the cocoa butter on my belly (not as often as in the first few months) I know it probably won't do anything.
    Some people don't get stretch marks, others get a few, and some get alot. Also I think the more kids you have, obviously the more stretch marks you will get.

Old 09-04-2005, 06:08 AM   #11
    weepyone
    Inactive
    (female)

weepyone HB User

my mom had stretch marks bad i hope i don't get them too. i have been creaming myself daily with some alleged special cream and pray i don't get bad ones i don't mind a few marks to show what my body went through to bare our baby but i would like to think one day even if i am never super thin i could wear a bikini if i wanted wishful thinking i am sure

Closed Thread