It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Bathing in the 3rd Trimester

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2005, 07:46 PM   #1
    babygirl224
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

babygirl224 HB User
    Bathing in the 3rd Trimester

Are we still allowed to take baths towards the end of our pregnancy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
    Gayle0000
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Gayle0000 HB User
    Re: Bathing in the 3rd Trimester

Yes, unless you are told not to. I have to take a bath if I want to do a decent job with shaving my legs. Also, my Physical Therapist recommended baths and swimming as a way to reduce back pain...she said the baby will float off your back. I cannot say I have ever felt this happen in the bathtub. The bathtub is just not big enough.

I believe the precautions for baths are more on keeping the water temp from getting too hot to prevent overheating directly to you, and indirectly to the baby.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #3
    MissT
    Veteran
    (female)

MissT HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gayle0000
    Yes, unless you are told not to. I have to take a bath if I want to do a decent job with shaving my legs. Also, my Physical Therapist recommended baths and swimming as a way to reduce back pain...she said the baby will float off your back. I cannot say I have ever felt this happen in the bathtub. The bathtub is just not big enough.

I believe the precautions for baths are more on keeping the water temp from getting too hot to prevent overheating directly to you, and indirectly to the baby.

My lil one goes insane when I take baths. I think he likes them. hehe
    I have to take baths, I would butcher my legs in the shower. I did get a shower stool for after I have the baby so I can sit in the shower. I have a deep jacuzzi bath tub that is hard to get into at this point I know I won't feel like it afterwards.

One of the books I have said baths are fine as long as your water hasn't broken (big duh there, huh?) and keep temps moderate. I take baths to help my sinus too.

Last edited by MissT; 09-02-2005 at 08:24 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
    lex jude
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lex jude HB User

Who really sticks around and does random things when their water has broken LOL. I love that....too funny But I guess there might be women out there who want to "clean up." Ahh well.

But yea I almost have to take bathes....my ankles get all funny if I stand around for too long Plus I love to just soak and read and relax on those stressful, long days (every day).

My baby loves bathes too!! he always kicks and rolls around He did that when I had water areobics too!

Old 09-03-2005, 06:50 AM   #5
    nastabasta
    Inactive
    (female)

nastabasta HB User

yes you can take baths because your mucus plug will keep water from entering the uterus. just make sure the bath water isnt too hot. anything that elevvates your body temp to over 102 F isn't good. hope that helps.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
    thidagirl22
    (female)

thidagirl22 HB User

I took baths all the time with all my pregnancies. When I went into labor with the first I took me a nice long bath before going to the hospital so I would be nice and clean. I wouldn't if your water has broke but if not then it's fine. Like the others said just don't run it too hot.

Closed Thread