It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Help! My family is stressing me out

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #1
    Mommie-2-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
    Angry Help! My family is stressing me out

Hey Friends, my family is just down right crazy! I guess they all are, right?

I have one sister who is a pathalogical liar...she just makes stuff up on the spot. And she makes up things to make you feel bad about yourself. She is getting married October 28th and she just started planning the wedding two weeks ago. Ok, she's killing the family!!! It's so stressful!! There's so much crap that goes with that.

My little sister just found out yesterday that she's pregnant too. She has no job, her house is getting forclosed on any day now (7 months behind), and her car is about to get repossessed (sp) because she's 3 months behind. It's a flippin nightmare. Her boyfriend works 2-3 days a week and it's not a solid job. It's odds and ends type of things. Ok, how is this going to work? My family will not support her and his family is super poor. I don't know what they think they can do! And the mention of adoption sends her off the wall. She just wont have it! She's probably about three months pregnant right now, she's got a really weird body just like me, so she doesn't know her conception date. Oh, did I mention that she doesn't have insurance!! This guy is horrible. He just got out of jail for violating probation. He was there for 3 months. He's a bum and has lived off of her for a year now!!

My dad....well he's just an idiot! I told yall a month or so ago about what he's into, but it seems to be getting worse. He's in trouble with the IRS now!!

I mean, everywhere I turn there's stress!! That's just my side of the family! LOL I know that I need to mind my own business and keep to myself. I'm mostly worried about my pregnant sister, it's just a nightmare guys.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
    OrangeCouture
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

OrangeCouture HB User
    Re: Help! My family is stressing me out

Wow!

Be thankful that you have a nice home and family first. Your sister is in a very bad situation. If she doesn't have a car or insurance how is she suppose to work, or go to appointments, and then pay for it? That is terrible, but there has to be something out there that she can do or somewhere she can turn to for help, if she wants it. Hopefully she will think about the baby first. Every family is crazy at times or has their issues!

Old 09-16-2005, 11:58 AM   #3
    FirstTimeMomma
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User

Mommie:

I am soo sorry to hear that your family is getting crazier by the minute!!!
    I know this is going to sound obvious but try not to stress about it too much. i know it is hard because they are all family and we all know how family can be. As far as sister number one, are you sure she is really getting married?? Sorry, but you did say she is a pathological liar...
    As far as your other sister goes, all you can really do is be supportive of whatever decision she makes. Although it sounds like many of her troubles are due to the boyfriend...

How is your DH with all of this? Is his family driving you nuts as well?

Old 09-16-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
    Mommie-2-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Preggo Sister has a temp job that ends today, and another one that starts Monday. It's kind of random work that she's doing. We don't know what she'll do for a car! As far as insurance is concerned, I don't think she'll be going to the doctor! I know that sounds awful, but she has no way to pay for it. She doesn't even know when her EDD is. She's been smoking cigarettes and pot during this time too. I told her not to worry about what she's done in the past, but to make sure that doesn't happen now that she knows she's pregnant. What bothered me about that is she pretty much knew that she was preggo for a while. But the tests were coming up negative. She was still smoking and drinking!!

My crazy sister is infact getting married. I don't know how she actually nailed anyone down! I don't mean to be rude, but she's just an awful person. We called her Neanie the Meanie growing up (her name was Jeanine). She broke my arm, tried to drown my sister in the bathtub, and MANY other things. She's just trying to be hurtful to me by saying things like "Such and such said this about you..." and it's all bull. She's so freaking crazy, she really should be institutionalized. No Joke!!!!!!!!

My DH is loving the ride!!! He thinks my famiy is hysterical. It's taken him several years to get to this point, but he really has a sense of humor about all of it now. My DH sat down and had a serious, hard talk with my preggo sister yesterday, but she has stupid excuses for everything. He's a really good guy!! His family is AMAZING compared to mine. I get along with my MIL really well too. Shocker, huh?

Old 09-16-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
    hotmamma13
    Veteran
    (female)

hotmamma13 HB User

You should mention Medicaid to your sister. They pay for any office visits, and any pediactric visits until the baby is a year old, and then you have to refile. She won't have to pay a penny, and medicaid also covers ultrasounds, family drs, dentists, eye exams, medication, etcetera. She sounds like she would qualify.

I am sorry you have to go through this. I know what it's like to have s**tty stuff goin on with your family. My mom waited to tell me the weekend I told her I was pg that after 28 yrs of marraige, she was moving out of my father's house. All of a sudden, and they weren't even arguing! No one expected it! Now she calls me everyday witchin about my dad and upsetting me, which she know's I do not need with my baby and all.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:43 PM   #6
    FirstTimeMomma
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User

Isn't it amazing how our parents raise us and then sometimes now that we are older we are the ones who have to be the grown ups and deal with them and their issues!

Old 09-16-2005, 12:43 PM   #7
    girl75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

girl75 HB User

man mom2b, pretty hardcore stuff. i am no stranger to that though. my brother always has some sort of drama going on in his life with his wife as well as other things that have since come and gone in my life. i will usually go to my husband and cry and let it all out and he'll make me feel better. sometimes i just have to not talk to anyone for a couple of days until i feel better and then i will talk to them again. i do talk to my mom everyday to get the scoop though.
    just take time out for yourself to relax for you and your baby away from all the craziness. goodluck,
    robin

Old 09-16-2005, 01:11 PM   #8
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

All I can say is that I pray your pregnant sister will stop using drugs and cigarettes...is she aware of the fact that such substances used during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, can harm the child, and can sometimes even cause miscarriage? Sounds to me like she's in no way ready to accept responsibility for a child at this time in her life. Neither her or her partner have a steady job, so there is little money involved in this situation. Someone had mentioned MedicAid for her to cover the costs of hospital visits during the pregnancy, but she still would need money saved up to buy supplies for the child...diapers, formula, bottles, etc. I can only hope that, by the time this child arrives, both of its parents will have steady jobs so they may provide for it. There is no reason to keep a child if it's going to end up being neglected even the slightest bit...like all good things, kids cost money >.o

I apologize if I was harsh...it is not my place to say what should and should not happen in another's life...it was only my two cents in the form of a rant. I wish you and your family the best; hopefully the insanity will subside soon ^-^

Old 09-16-2005, 01:33 PM   #9
    Mommie-2-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

That's not harsh for me! Why do you think I'm stressing out so bad? I am so sad for that child!! I just don't know what to do with her!! I guess I need to let it go! It's just hard to see this sort of thing happening.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:49 PM   #10
    MissT
    Veteran
    (female)

MissT HB User

board has been messing up for me lately. =/

Last edited by MissT; 09-16-2005 at 09:53 PM.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:52 PM   #11
    MissT
    Veteran
    (female)

MissT HB User

Mommie-2-B

I can completely relate about "wacko" family. Mine spent years driving me insane. The only difference now is I don't let them get to me before I did and I'd take their problems into myself and it was like poison. So that's the only advice I can give you is as hard as it is not to worry about them you have to set limits or they could end up destroying the family you've created. This is just from personal experience.

My sister who is older than me just got all her hair chopped off because she was worried about a drug test they were going to give her for her divorce papers. She just quit her job last mobth with 3 KIDS!!!
    Someone called CPS on her (she told me) she has 3 boys that are so out of control and theres other things involved so it's probably for the best, So things are getting really insane with her but there is nothing I can do at the moment in my current situation.

My mom and dad split up and fight like crazy and my dad has a new woman, I've had to make it clear that NO ONE will be fighting at the hospital in front of my other child or they won't be staying to see the baby or coming over to see us.

I had to write my mom a rather nasty email recently because of her "actions" involving my family and this pregnancy so I can completely relate to your situation. It can be overwhelming but I have to shrug it off. I have my own family to worry about. I am sure it sounds heartless but situations relating to them have made me this way.

Good Luck

Old 09-17-2005, 08:57 AM   #12
    Mommie-2-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Thank you all for the advice. I told everyone that they are not welcome at the hospital unless they are 100% sure that there will be no arguing of any kind. My dad has already pledged to cause a scene with my in laws and I told him not to bother coming. He'll probably be in jail anyway....why a memorable thing that will be.

I'm making a deal with myself to disconnect myself from the dysfunction in my family. I agree that I have my own family now, so I am going to live for my own family from now on. When my family can straighten itself out I will open up to them some more.

Old 09-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #13
    MissT
    Veteran
    (female)

MissT HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mommie-2-B

I'm making a deal with myself to disconnect myself from the dysfunction in my family. I agree that I have my own family now, so I am going to live for my own family from now on. When my family can straighten itself out I will open up to them some more.

Good for you! It has helped me a lot. The thing that always gets me is I'm the youngest in the family yet I'm the most stable out of all of them as far as home life and not living off drama. I think that's why they always ran to me in the past to "fix" them but I don't think they are fixable. lol

btw I just noticed your sig said greetings from Dallas. I'm in the area too maybe it's the area that makes our families crazy. hehe jk

Last edited by MissT; 09-17-2005 at 09:17 AM.

Old 09-17-2005, 02:52 PM   #14
    Mommie-2-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

That's funny! I'm one of the youngest in my family and they look to me for help!! I'm in Lewisville, you?

Old 09-17-2005, 09:54 PM   #15
    MissT
    Veteran
    (female)

MissT HB User

yea my husband swears I'm adopted or something because he doesn't see how I came from any of them. He also laughs at some of the situations they get themselves into sometimes even though they aren't funny it's just how do they keep up the drama.

Near Plano here.

Closed Thread