It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Do I Have A Fast Heartbeat?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-20-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
    retrochick
    (female)

retrochick HB User
    Exclamation Do I Have A Fast Heartbeat?

I need your opinion...I know everyone is different but take my situation in to consideration.
    With my first pregnancy I had severe pre-eclampsia I was put on a lot of blood pressure meds afterwards to get me back to normal. Eventually the only med I was on was a beta-blocker to keep my bp normal and my heart rate normal.
    I'm 7.5 weeks pregnant now around week 5 they took me off my beta blocker (which essentially kept my heart rate normal to low because my bp was very good!) My heart rate was crazy fast for that whole week off my med--I felt like crap! This week I've felt much better and my heart rate is good not as fast as before...BUT I'm just sitting up in my bed now not doing anything other then type to you guys and I felt like my heart rate was kind of fast...I took my pulse and got 88 beats per minute.
    Does that seem too high for resting? Like I said keep in mind my past and being off my med...My cardiologist told me to let him know by tomorrow (Friday the 21) if I'm concerned about my heart rate.
    I dont know what's fast and whats normal for resting...On my beta blocker I use to get 55 to 65 beats per minute...perhaps I'm just paranoid because before I got pregnant my heart rate wasn't as fast feeling.
    Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated? (sorry so long)

Ooh and I wanted to mention too that I'm not out of shape, I'm very fit for my age and body size so it's not an issue of being unhealthy or overweight.

Last edited by retrochick; 10-20-2005 at 08:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2005, 09:05 PM   #2
    Valerie_s
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Valerie_s HB User
    Re: Do I Have A Fast Heartbeat?

In pregnancy your restng heart rate and not resting will be higher than normal becasue of the pregnancy itself but no I dont think that its too fast

Old 10-22-2005, 08:39 AM   #3
    polbilly
    Veteran
    (female)

polbilly HB User

no thats actually a very normal rate 100bpm is normal for a "regular" individual but p/g womens heart rates are even higher. so dont worry ur alright!
    Jackson James born March 8th 2006

Old 10-25-2005, 07:44 AM   #4
    pgta5

pgta5 HB User

My heart rate ranges from about 86-100 now. It was normally between 76-84 ish..I have also read that your heart rate increases during pregnancy. 55 is a very low heart rate, but also very typical of an athelete. I would ask your doctor if your are concerned just for peace of mind.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #5
    laurabelle1317
    Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

My resting heartbeat whlie pg has usually been 90 bpm. And thats completely fine. Your heartbeat while pg can easily be 20bpm higher than while not pg. Its normal. Its also normal for your heartbeat to be somewhat sporadic while pg...like for me, it might be 90bpm while resting and then all I do is stand up and walk a few steps to the bathroom and it might jump up to 120bpm. Our bodies are just working extra hard to pump extra blood throughout our body and to the little body inside us...and o course its working ahrd to sustain the life of the little one inside us.

Additionally, a pg woman's body while resting is working just as hard as a non-pg woman's body while walking. So keep that in mind to remind yourself that our bodies are truly working overtime!

Closed Thread