It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• cramps and no period?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
    DannyLea
    (female)

DannyLea HB User
    Question cramps and no period?

Okay I have a question. I posted a while ago because I was having cramps that were like premenstral cramps, and a pinching feeling that got pretty bad acouple of times in my lower abdomen. I went to my doctor for my annual exam. I told her about this and at the time I was about 4 days late. She had me take a urine preg test to see if I was preg. it came back neg. So she told me she thought the cramps were premenstral cramps and to expect my period at any time and expect it to be heavy since it was late. Well a about a week and a half later she called me with my results for my pap. I told here that I still had not started and that I was still having cramps. They are not bad they are just noticable, but I have them all the time along with some stinging pains like someone poking a small needle in you. She had me go in and take a blood preg test. My question is, is it possible that the first test was wrong and is a blood test better than a urine test. Also for the last two days I have been really thirsty. I woke up the night before last and my throat was really dry, so dry that it mad me gag. Then this moring I woke up and was immedialty very sick to my stomach a layed in bed till it passed and then went back to sleep when I woke back up and I was fine. My breasts have not been real sore, but they have a full feeling and they ache. I just went in for the blood test today and it will be about two days till I get it back. I thought that my doctor was just being extra carefull, but it brought to my attention that these cramps have never left and that I really might be pregnant. Does this sound normal to any of you and did anything like this happen to you when you found out? I am really concerned now. Not that it would be a bad thing if I were I just want to be braced for it. Also went I went for my annual I was was checked for STD's and infections and everthing came back fine. Any help would be great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2005, 12:12 AM   #2
    SeekNfind
    (female)

SeekNfind HB User
    Re: cramps and no period?

There is always the possibility that you may be pregnant. A blood test will tell you for sure. I've read much on this board about ppl not being able to get positives from the HPT even when they were 1 month pregnant. A blood test should only take 1 day, my dear, not two. Can you believe they have something called a serum test that is just like a HPT but rather than putting urine on it, you put blood? It'll tell you in 5 mins. Haven't ever heard of them in the states though. Just sit tight and wait out the next couple of days.....think of us going through the 2WW......whats 2 days?

Old 11-29-2005, 11:38 AM   #3
    DannyLea
    (female)

DannyLea HB User
    Re: cramps and no period?

Yeah, I guess I should just be patient, it is just hard. The reason it takes a couple of days here is because because it is a small town and they have to send it out. Thanks for your imput!

Closed Thread