It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Spotting and Pregnancy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
    all9lives
    (female)

all9lives HB User
    Spotting and Pregnancy

I have a question for you ladies. When you were first prego, 6-10 weeks, did anyone have spotting? I have been having some spotting off and on for a few weeks now. Not a lot, just enough to notice. I took 3 tests and all were negative. I am going to the doctor soon, but, and I apologize now for this..... (TMI) But, the spotting is brownish and gooey like. Is it just me or it that pretty normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #2
    RainyNight
    (female)

RainyNight HB User
    Re: Spotting and Pregnancy

I had brown spotting for about 10 weeks straight. It first started when I was expecting my period to come, the spotting was, what I thought my period but it was never heavier then that & lead me to believe for a bout a week that I wasn't pregnant. Then I took a test just for giggles, and wella. I immediately thought I was having a miscarriage and took my self to the doctor. They said it was just a spot where the placenta wasn't strong enough to hold on to the wall of the uterus and so a lil blood was just going to pass through. It could cause a miscarriage or most commonly clear its self up. And sure enough it stopped at 11 weeks. And now I am 18 weeks and still no spotting. You said you took 3 tests and all were neg but still no period other then the spotting? there has to be a reason for this. I would recommend getting that check out hun, There has to be a reason for it.

Old 12-10-2005, 05:15 AM   #3
    baby#1expected
    (female)

baby#1expected HB User

I had spotting that I also thought was the start of my af. The spotting lasted for about 5 days and I decided to take an at home test. It came back pos. So the next morning I took another one to be on the safe side. It was also pos. The spotting quite the day after I took the second test.

Old 12-10-2005, 08:04 AM   #4
    girl75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

girl75 HB User

so you are not pregnant but you are having some spotting instead of your period? this has happened to me and to other people i know. i know that brown is usually old blood and that it is normal. our bodies are so weird and anything can make your period do crazy things.
    unless you are having really bad cramps or large blood clots i would'nt worry but i would still go to the doc just to ease your mind and make sure everything is okay.
    my best friend had this happen to her and thought maybe she was pregnant took a test like you and negative. when she went to the doc they told her that she had a really bad bladder infection, and she wasn't even have pain from that.
    a month later she did end up getting pregnant though.
    alot of people do spot when they are pregnant too and that is normal. i did with all three pregnancies. what you posted rainy night did happen to me with my first and i ended up having to do progesterone inserts.
    i hope this helps some,
    take care,
    robin

Old 12-12-2005, 05:03 AM   #5
    all9lives
    (female)

all9lives HB User

Thank you for your responses. My interent is down at home or I would have responded sooner. Sunday morning I woke up and felt bad and then felt this gush and went to the bathroom. Looks like AF showed up and with a vengance. I am still going to the doctor though. I don't think it was normal for me to not have a period since October 31st and then have one in December. But yes, all three tests were negative. I was still spotting up until Sunday morning. Now I am cramping really bad, ususally I hardly cramp at all. But I will see my doctor soon.

Closed Thread