It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• When to expect morning sickness?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-19-2005, 02:20 AM   #1
    smec
    (female)

smec HB User
    When to expect morning sickness?

I took a test last week, and was delighted to read BFP. When should I expect symptoms such as morning sickness? My sister-in-law, said she never got sick. Also, my bbt has taken a dip, but it is still above the cover line. Should I be overly concerned? I had a BFP in late September, but my period came three days later, so I am very worried that will happen again. These are the symptoms I have been experiencing... sore breasts, cramps that are similar to AF, frequent urination, fatigue and sleeplessness. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2005, 05:50 AM   #2
    cad2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cad2 HB User
    Re: When to expect morning sickness?

My morning or all day sickness started right after I got my bfp about two days later, and it hasn't let up yet and I am 9 weeks. Good luck to you

Old 12-19-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
    OrangeCouture
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I had some mild nausea during the day until about 4 in the afternoon for two weeks. It was during week 6 and 7. That is all I have experienced as far as sickness during this pregnancy, I am currently 24 weeks. Also, the nausea for me made me not want to eat or nibble and I believe that made it worse. After laying on the couch for nearly two weeks, I decided I have to eat something more substantial (and I also read that it helps) so I did and I was better! Immediately I was able to go outside or run an errand and during the two weeks in was impossible. When I mustered up enough energy to take a shower I would end up laying on the bedroom floor right afterwards not being able to finish dressing myself because I felt so terrible. If you do experience some nausea try really hard to find some good food to eat and keep eating is possible. They also say ginger can help curb nausea as well.

It sounds like you are pregnant and have the signs. I can relate to the frequent urination, that was my only symptom of being pregnant!

Old 12-19-2005, 09:08 AM   #4
    girl75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

girl75 HB User

don't be surprised if you don't get morning sickness because alot of women don't. my best friend is pregnant and she has not been sick one bit and she is already 18wks.
    good luck and take care
    robin

Old 12-19-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
    rena2006

rena2006 HB User

it usualy starts after missing your period, thats about 5 - 6 weeks pregnant, possibly 7 weeks. do you have any other symptom, like for example sore breast, tiredness ect
    well i didnt get any symptoms until i was 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and i was actualy very upset believe it or not, now i wish they go away, it will come, dont warry and then you will be fed up with it all how far along r u? hope all is good

Old 12-19-2005, 11:27 AM   #6
    weepyone
    Inactive
    (female)

weepyone HB User

i got m/s 4 days before af was due i guess we are all different. can i suggest when you see your doc you tell him/her about your previous bfp then bleeding a few days after as i wonder if you had early m/c a bfp is normally correct. hope you don't get m/s it is the pits

Old 12-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
    skeetersquirt
    Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

Mine started at 6 1/2 weeks and went until about 18 weeks. I am not 28 weeks and it is back. Yuck! Gotta love pregnancy!

Oh, and should I add that NO ONE in my family ever got morning sickness...my sister has 5 and none...my mom with us none. Only lucky me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Robert Michael Born on 3/20/06
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by skeetersquirt; 12-19-2005 at 12:05 PM.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:43 AM   #8
    Laetitia
    (female)

Laetitia HB User

It all depends. I'm 22 weeks right now, and the only time I've thrown up during the whole pregnancy was due to an illness, not the pregnancy. My mom never threw up through three pregnancies. Best of luck to you!

Old 12-20-2005, 12:49 PM   #9
    Safc-Chick
    (female)

Safc-Chick HB User

it varies I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and so far so good but this is my 3rd and with my first it started at 4 weeks and lasted untill week 39 when I gave birth lol, but with my 2nd it started around 5 - 6 weeks and only lasted till I was about half way through.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:46 AM   #10
    rena2006

rena2006 HB User

hey, im realy starting to warry about this morning sickness thing, every one tells me it will stop in the fourth month, since reading your comments, it seems to stay longer than that, i was getting happy for nothing i guess

Old 12-21-2005, 10:58 AM   #11
    Nylarual
    (female)

Nylarual HB User

I never got sick with either of my pregnancies. I had a tiny bit of nausea during the first nine weeks of this pregnancy, but hardly at all. My mother never got sick, nor did my sister who is expecting her first. Not everyone gets sick, so maybe you'll get lucky.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #12
    MommyLIZ
    (female)

MommyLIZ HB User

well i'm 27 weeks along.in the beginning i had it real bad..lol( gingerale and crackers thats all i have to say!!!)! and i still get a slight case of it depending on what i ate..lol weird. my doc says the baby and i are healthy so there really is no explanation ..lol.. my mother had it bad, so maybe thats why..

Closed Thread