It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

:::SYMPTOMS::: (GIRL) or a (BOY)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
Angellica7748
(female)

Angellica7748 HB User
:::SYMPTOMS::: (GIRL) or a (BOY)

::::Hello::::

What were some of the symptoms that you had that you just knew that you were carrying a GIRL or a BOY? Also, if you already had a GIRL or a BOY what were the differences in symtoms with each?

Thanks,

Angellica-

(mother of 8 month old precious boy)~**
........and 5 weeks pregnant

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #2
debating
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User
Re: :::SYMPTOMS::: (GIRL) or a (BOY)

My ultrasound was the first symptom of a girl. No other way to tell (other then an amnio).

Old 01-24-2006, 05:44 AM   #3
Oaktree
(female)

Oaktree HB User

this is my first baby, and i don't know what it is yet. but i have friends and family who have been telling me their thoughts on what i'm having!

if you crave sweet things its a girl
If you crave savoury things and/or salt, its a boy.
if you have a neat bump and no or very little weight gain anywhere else, its a girl.
If you gain weight all over, its a boy!

how true they are i dunno! but its fun guessing!!

Old 01-24-2006, 06:00 AM   #4
DesperationGirl
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User

The only way to know for sure is through ultrasound. Old wives tales are never true.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #5
Angellica7748
(female)

Angellica7748 HB User

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::

For those of you that are pregnant and had an ultrasound to confirm the sex of your baby or already have a baby, what are some of the symtoms that you are having (more nausea, less nausea, more tired, less tired, etc) ....?
...........and if you could, tell me the sex of your baby.

If you have another baby and it is the oppisite sex, what were the differences between the two pregnancy?

Angellica~*

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::

Old 01-24-2006, 10:16 AM   #6
baby#2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Let me guess...you are really wanting a girl? Am I right? I am 26.5 wks pregnant and have a 19 month old son. When I got pregnant this time around there was no doubt in my mind it was a girl. I even took a test on the internet that you have to pay for and it said it was a girl. Well, at my 18.4 wks ultrasound it was confirmed.....I was having another boy!?!? How did that happen? Everything was so different?! With my first ds I craved ice cream and chocolate and carried all over my whole body and gained 68lbs. With this one I was craving more salty things like pickles and chips and I am carrying all out front and have gained 15lbs less than my first at this point in the pregnancy. Both boys.....the only way to tell honestly is by u/s or amnio. I apologize if I assume wrong but it seems that way! I was heartbroken for the first few days and had a hard time dealing with the fact that I wasn't going to have a daughter (this is most likely our last baby). Still to this day I have moments of sadness when I think about it. God gives us what we can handle. I guess he thought I couldn't handle a girl! That's the only way for me to look at it! Good luck, and I hope you get the outcome you are hoping for!

Old 01-24-2006, 10:32 AM   #7
LovinArmyWife05
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

I new from when I got pregnant that it was a boy. I dont know how or why. I dont know if it's just that motherly instinct that I had the feeling it was a boy. It did get confirmed when I had my second ultrasound it's for sure a boy. Some women can truly tell even before they find out from an ultrasound. I am carrying my son really low, and I have compared my pregnancy to others in the family, and it seems to be common within my family and my husbands of the symptoms that I have and the movement of him and everything like that. Most of the time I know you have to wait for the ultrasound but I was lucky and knew before. I swear if I was having a girl I wouldnt' know what to do. From the begining I had already started buying boy clothes. My mom was the same way with me. She new I was a girl, and went and started buying girl clothes right away.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #8
Angellica7748
(female)

Angellica7748 HB User

BABY # 2,
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::

Did you take the test off the Internet called the "BABY GENDER MENTOR" kit?
How far along were you when you took the test?

Has anyone else heard of the "BABY GENDER MENTOR"
kit or has taken it?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::

......Angellica~

Old 01-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #9
baby#2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

No, I don't think that's what it was called but it was based on my age, my husbands age, time of ovulation and conception and is suppose to be 98% accurate regarding the chemical balances of the parents. Whatever!! Wrong. FORTUNATELY for them they covered their behinds and said there is no guarantee.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #10
marie81
(female)

marie81 HB User

For me the old wives tales and the chinese gender chart were both wrong. Everything I have heard of says girl, but I'm having a boy.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:19 PM   #11
calgarygirl
(female)

calgarygirl HB User

Don't read too much into symptoms!! I was convinced I was having a girl on my second pregnancy-I was carrying different, gained more weight then my first and the baby had a fast fetal heart rate-he was a boy and I was devastated at first. But he's 4 now and the absolutely sweetest boy you've ever met.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #12
beanie_1122
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

Ultrasounds aren't 100% accurate either they have better outcome then some old wives tales tho! I think amnio is the only 100% guarentee!

Old 01-24-2006, 07:26 PM   #13
myloathe
Senior Veteran
(female)

myloathe HB User

Doesn't the old wives tale say that Boys take away your brains, Girls take away your beauty?? Have you been feeling really forgetful lately and you have that pregnancy glow?? You should be having a boy. Otherwise, it's a girl:-)

Old 01-25-2006, 06:46 AM   #14
cad2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

Every old wives tale was wrong with me, first off girls steal mothers beauty I never looked so good in my entire life with first, I gained weight everywhere I mean everywhere and lots of it, I hated sweets and wanted meat and fish and veggies, never had an momnet of morning sickness and baby was a girl. Now this timw I have been sick for almost 15 weeks have hardly put on any weight at all mabie three pounds, am the worst I have ever looked, an am eating fruit and grain like it is going out of style and anything sour will do everyone thinks I am having another girl now I guess I will know soon.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:15 AM   #15
curiousforever
Senior Veteran
(female)

curiousforever HB User

**"if you have a neat bump and no or very little weight gain anywhere else, its a girl.
If you gain weight all over, its a boy!"
"more nausea, less nausea, more tired, less tired, etc) ....?"

I had all of the above (4 pregnancies) and had all boys. Yes. I have 4 boys.....

"Boys take away your brains" This one maybe I can testify to....haha ha ha ha!

Last edited by curiousforever; 01-25-2006 at 07:16 AM.

Closed Thread