It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• choroid plexus cyst (level two

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
    meme23me2003
    (female)

meme23me2003 HB User
    choroid plexus cyst (level two

I just had a level two ultrasound and everyhting looked great also all my blood work came back great but right at the end the nurse said the doctor will talk to you about choroid plexus cyst .. which i never heardof...and she said for me not really worry because by the next ultrasound it should be gone....has anyone ever heard of this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2006, 06:54 AM   #2
    xinerevelle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

xinerevelle HB User
    Re: choroid plexus cyst (level two

So what did the doctor say about it?

According to another website:

"The choroid plexus is an area of the brain that is not involved thinking or personality. Rather, the choroid plexus makes a fluid that protects and nourishes the brain and spinal cord. When a fluid-filled space is seen in the choroid plexus during an ultrasound, it is called a choroid plexus cyst (CPC). "We don't know why, but between 1 and 3 percent of all fetuses will manifest a CPC at 16 to 24 weeks of pregnancy," says Dr. Roy A. Filly, a Professor of Radiology and of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences and Chief of the Section of Diagnostic Sonography at University of California, San Francisco...Regardless of their number, shape or size, choroid plexus cysts are not harmful to the baby. "I am not aware of a single instance where a CPC caused damage to a fetus," says Dr. Filly."

Old 04-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
    ByeBye20's
    (female)

ByeBye20's HB User
    Re: choroid plexus cyst (level two

My baby had 2 cpc's in utero, and they went away. Isn't it strange how there is no information about this in any preg books? You shouldn't worry too much about it, they are not harmful, and unless there are anomalies in the hands, feet or heart detected by ultrasound as well, they don't mean anything. They are cysts in the cavities of the brain where the spinal fluid is made.

Closed Thread