It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• TERRIFIED of the upcoming morning sickness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2006, 12:59 AM   #1
    popoaikonkon
    (female)

popoaikonkon HB User
    TERRIFIED of the upcoming morning sickness

SO, with my first pregnancy with my son. i had the most horrifying morning sickness. through the entire pregnancy, i gaged in the morning. and until 14 weeks~ i am constantly nauseated and sick and just horrible!!
    now, i am 4 weeks of course. ONLY feel dizzy!!!
    already!!!
    i'm so scared, that the 5-6 weeKs comes along and i am going to be dreadful

have anyone had complete different pregnancy versus their 1st pregnancy? I mean like NO morning sickness with 1st and bad with 2nd ? or vise versa ?
    I mean could i have no morning sickness this time around ?

!!!!! i can't imagine commuting by public transportation in Taiwan, and working 8 hours a day and commuting back home ...!!!!!! with morning sickness attacking me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2006, 07:28 AM   #2
    xinerevelle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

xinerevelle HB User
    Re: TERRIFIED of the upcoming morning sickness

Wow -- it sounds like you really had it bad with your first! I feel for you.

I'm at 8w2d and have had nausea since the day before I tested positive. No fun. At least no vomiting (yet)!

I can already tell that today is going to be another one of "those" days where I'm not feeling up to doing anything. I have maybe 2 days a week that aren't bad.

Sorry I can't comment on comparing M/S between pregnancy 1 and 2... just wanted to give you some support.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:07 AM   #3
    popoaikonkon
    (female)

popoaikonkon HB User

Thanks. Ya b.c my first pregnancy, it really left me not being able to live the daily lives ! I was gagging every single morning until the baby was BORN. and serious nausea PLUS vomit -- and i mean VOMIT . until 14 weeks. so. i really am scared to death this time around.
    ^__^

Old 04-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #4
    BarbaraH
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

My pregnancies were completely different, so don't assume you'll have the same problem with morning sickness or all day sickness. It may well not happen at all or be much more manageable.

What helped me most was keeping saltine crackers with me at all times. I ate 2 or 3 before getting out of bed in the mornings, and had them in my purse and car. Any time I started to get hungry, if I ate a few crackers I was fine; if I didn't eat the crackers, I'd be sick.

Wishing you well! Barbara

Old 04-23-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
    81BABY
    (female)

81BABY HB User

I'm about 8 weeks pregnant and started getting sick about 5 weeks then it really kicked in at 6 weeks. With my first pregnancy I don't even remember feeling this bad i remember I would throw up and feel ok, but still feel nausous, back then it wasnt so bad since i wasnt working but now its harder cause i gotta go to work feeling nausous everyday and feel i have to gag all the time and people keep telling me to eat saltine crackers but it seems to make it worst cause it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The only thing i do is wear those acupuncture bands and they seem to help it bit. So i would say this pregnancy sickness is worst than my 1st one.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:50 AM   #6
    popoaikonkon
    (female)

popoaikonkon HB User

hi girls, i'm in my 5th week now, but i feel it coming already. I feel so dizzy ALREADY!!!
    really terrified !! but oh well, thats what we have to go through, also, i heard the more nauseated you feel which also means your HCG level is GOING UP!! which means ur less likely to M/C

Closed Thread