It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• I'm 26 weeks and I've lost weight.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #1
    tangerinedream8
    (female)

tangerinedream8 HB User
    I'm 26 weeks and I've lost weight.

I went to the doctor this morning and I somehow have lost 7 pounds. My measurement was 28cm so I'm measuring 2cm more than normal. The baby is active and has a normal heartbeat.. Should I be really concerned about this? The doctor seemed to be. I've been eating.. I don't know what to do.

Last edited by tangerinedream8; 06-15-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
    yellowrose5006
    Inactive
    (female)

yellowrose5006 HB User
    Re: I'm 26 weeks and I've lost weight.

Welcome to my world. It's nice to have you. I'm at 33 weeks and have only gained 5 pounds total (all in last 2 weeks). My doctor first thought I had an eating disorder (btw, I'm overweight...enough that an eating disorder would have showen up by now, binging sure, purging...eewww). I too, eat well and often. I can't explain it. My mom lost weight when she was pregnant with me as well. I don't know what to tell you. I just keep eating right. I have 6 small meals a day and I try not to worry. The doctor is sending me for my 5th ultrasound today to check the baby's weight...we're coming in right where we are supposed to be. (At least until this point we're where we are supposed to be...I'm assuming today will be the same). We're all just doing what we're supposed to be doin', I'm taking care of myself, baby is taking care of himself and doctor is worrying..it's what he does best! Hang in there...maybe you'll get extra ultrasounds and those are always fun!

Old 06-15-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
    tangerinedream8
    (female)

tangerinedream8 HB User

The doctor is making me come back in 2 weeks to check my weight again. I've gone back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm afraid she's going to start thinking I have an eating disorder.. although there is proof that I don't stop eating. Our grocery expenses have gone up so much because I'm constantly hungry. She never mentioned anything about finding out the baby's weight.. I've been wanting them to check.. I'm really worried.
    It's good to know that this problem is a bit more common..

Old 06-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #4
    yellowrose5006
    Inactive
    (female)

yellowrose5006 HB User

That is part of why I have had appointments every 2 weeks for the last 6 weeks too. On my ultrasound yesterday I asked how big the baby is and he is about 4 1/2 pounds which is only slightly under where we should be (about 5 - 6 pounds according to the What to Expect book). Maybe to make both you and the doctor feel better keep a log of what and when you are eating...like I said, let the doctor do the worrying, it is what they are best at!
    :-)

Closed Thread