It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• lots of hiccups but no kicks???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
    getting_tubby
    (female)

getting_tubby HB User
    lots of hiccups but no kicks???

i'm currently 24 wks & i've been feeling hiccups multiple times a day since about 20 wks, but nothing i can distinguish as kicks. when i feel movement it seems like they always come clustered & they're very rhythmic. i've asked my doctor about not feeling kicks & she hasn't had anything to say about it. my little boy was VERY active at an ultrasound at 14 wks (looked like he was pedaling a bicycle in there! ) & seemed to almost be asleep when we had our 20wk ultrasound (barely moved his arms around but we watched him swallow & get hiccups). anyone else feel hiccups often but not really any kicks? i'm worried about the little man...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2006, 09:48 AM   #2
    ament
    Veteran
    (female)

ament HB User
    Re: lots of hiccups but no kicks???

I don't know if what I'm feeling all the time are hiccups or kicks. It happens at least 3 times a day. Hard to beleive she'd get hiccups that often. How do you tell them apart?

Old 10-29-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
    getting_tubby
    (female)

getting_tubby HB User

i'm guessing they're hiccups because they always come clustered together & the time between each little twitch is pretty even. the hiccup episodes seem to happen about 2-3 times a day. i've felt some bigger movements that i would guess are kicks, but they're very infrequent (one noticeable one every other day or every few days).

Last edited by getting_tubby; 10-29-2006 at 10:25 AM.

Old 10-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
    writekaren
    (female)

writekaren HB User

Well, maybe he just has little feet.

But, hiccups mean he is still moving around and such. If something was wrong, he wouldn't be getting hiccups. My baby kicks alot, but I had never felt hiccups until two nights ago and I just couldn't stop laughing.

I wouldn't worry. Some babies are just less active than others...or maybe he is going to be an dancer and just has really good rhythm.

Old 10-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #5
    xinerevelle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

xinerevelle HB User

You're probably feeling regular movements and just not realizing it. The uterus doesn't have any nerve endings itself, so you only start to feel things when the movement is strong enough to make the uterus touch the abdominal wall (or something else that has nerves)... At your stage, you are just getting to the point where that would start happening.

If the doc is hearing the heartbeat ok at each visit, and you are feeling SOMETHING on a regular basis, I wouldn't worry too much. Before long, those kicks will be coming in the middle of the night and you'll forget all about days when you didn't feel anything at all.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
    getting_tubby
    (female)

getting_tubby HB User

thanks ladies. your posts made me giggle & gave me some peace of mind. dh is such a nervous guy and his worries rub off on me...he's convinced that something will be wrong with our baby until the baby can prove otherwise.

i haven't felt much of anything in there today, but man, my belly button area is so sore! i think it's gonna turn itself completely inside out or it might just rip off or something. lol

i hope everything's going well for you all

Closed Thread