It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Trace of Protein in Urine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
    dizzygirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dizzygirl HB User
    Trace of Protein in Urine

Well, I am in the super early stages of pregnancy, like 3 1/2 weeks At 4 dpo, I got my first UTI, I went to the doctor, was given a safe antibiotic, and was told to come back for a re-check in a week. Since then, I found out I was indeed pregnant, and mostly all if not all of the symptoms have gone away(of the UTI). I did the urine culture, and it came back negative for infection, which was great, but there was a slight (and I mean slight) trace of protein. My doctor ( a GP, not an OB/GYN) said it was probably nothing, but it could indicate high blood pressure. My BP was perfect at the office, so he wants me to come back Monday for another urine check.
    I am freaking out just a bit here. I have waited 11 months to finally get pregnant, and now I'm scared there may be something wrong with me, or the baby. Ha sanyone had this happen pregnant or not? I just talked to my MIL, who does not yet know about the pregnancy, and she told me that she always has a trace of protein in her urine, and it's no big deal. What do you guys think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
    neshee
    Inactive
    (female)

neshee HB User
    Re: Trace of Protein in Urine

Hey Dizzy! Well, yes...I have had protein in my urine (don't think I have been told that w/o being preg). I was preg with DD and ended up with +2 (whatever that means) of protein in my urine. It meant for ME that I was starting to have preeclampsia which is HBP in pregnancy. Fortunately it only lasted a couple weeks, but I had to be induced. BUT...you need to talk to your OB/GYN about this...it is probably normal for you...or they may have to put you on HBP meds for your preg. I will probably be put on them as a precautionary thing b/c of last time. You have had another preg, right? So, if that went fine, I am sure this one will too. I am scared to death of having that preeclampsia thing EARLY on as I had to be put on bed rest and that just sucks. I have also heard that baby asprin helps HBP in preg too. So, just talk to your doc, and I am sure that everything will be fine. I have the same worries as you...but we will be fine!

Old 12-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
    flutterby2574
    (female)

flutterby2574 HB User

Hey Dizzy and Dett,
    I wouldn't worry!! Try not to stress about it too much. I know easier said than done!! Just have faith and we will pray that it is indeed nothing!!
    Fingers crossed!
    Take care.

Flutter

Last edited by flutterby2574; 12-10-2006 at 11:58 AM.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
    dizzygirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dizzygirl HB User

Thanks guys! I could never survive bed rest, especially with a 19month old. I won't even say the words aloud! I will call my OB on Monday.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
    athena7
    (female)

athena7 HB User

Dizzy, I think if the doctor didn't find it too concerning, and your BP was normal, you are going to be just fine. I know it is hard not to worry, but you'll see everything is going to be ok, and if they find something I am sure they will treat you and keep it under control. Please keep us posted on what your OB says on Monday.
    A

Last edited by athena7; 12-09-2006 at 09:11 PM.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #6
    getting_tubby
    (female)

getting_tubby HB User

the nurse told me that i had a trace of protein in my urine a few visits back, but she said that's common in pregnancy & not to worry about it unless i spill more at my next visit. i read that a high protein intake can prevent pre-eclampsia. good luck!

Old 12-10-2006, 03:41 AM   #7
    dizzygirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dizzygirl HB User

You guys are the best , I feel better today about it.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:04 PM   #8
    flutterby2574
    (female)

flutterby2574 HB User

Hey Dizzy,

I am so glad you feel better about it!! I don't know about everyone else....but I am freaking out over the littlest twinge or anything abnormal...man, is this what it's like?? LOL...I know it's worth it to have our little ones in our arms, but man, it's killin' me!! teehee
    I can't wait till I can see them on the ultrasound.
    So Dizzy, are you still going on Monday to your OB?
    Let us know one way or the other!
    Take care and be stress free.

Flutter

Closed Thread