It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• 33 wks. vaginal pain. oww!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
    getting_tubby
    (female)

getting_tubby HB User
    33 wks. vaginal pain. oww!

i've had these shooting pains "in there" every now and again throughout my pregnancy. i asked the doc about this before & she was concerned at first (back in the 2nd tri) but after being checked a few times, she said my cervix was still closed & long and that i didn't have anything to worry about...i just have growing pains in "there" instead of the round ligament pain?

anyway, as i get closer to my due date, the shooting pain seems to be getting a little worse...slightly more frequent and more painful. i don't know what it would really feel like to have my bag of water poked at with a stick, but that's the only way i could describe the feeling/pain i have.

has anyone else experienced this & do you have any idea what's going on?

tia for any input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #2
    lekstroh
    (female)

lekstroh HB User
    Re: 33 wks. vaginal pain. oww!

I am 34 weeks, and I have the same feeling now and then, every once in a while I feel this sharp pain in there. I have real medical explanation what it is though. I have my guesses though. I do feel it when the baby has been moving around so maybe the baby is pushing its little fingers or toes against the cervix. I don't think it is anything to worrie about, as long as there is no bleeding along with it.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
    Mvhrt
    (female)

Mvhrt HB User

Hi! Is baby head down? The pain could be from the pressure of your babys head which is something I have been experiancing from about 32 weeks on and still am at almost 41 weeks. Is there a lot of pressure with the pain? If so then I'd say it's definetly from babys head.

Best of luck!

Old 01-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
    getting_tubby
    (female)

getting_tubby HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mvhrt
    Hi! Is baby head down? The pain could be from the pressure of your babys head which is something I have been experiancing from about 32 weeks on and still am at almost 41 weeks. Is there a lot of pressure with the pain? If so then I'd say it's definetly from babys head.

Best of luck!
    i don't know yet if baby is head down or not...i suppose the doctor might be able to tell me at my visit next week. i was having a lot of pressure when i'd walk too much, but that's gone away & i just get those pokey pains now.

thanks for your reply...i hope your little one decides to come soon!

Old 01-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
    sobannon
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sobannon HB User

I had this as well. Felt like the baby was scratcing my cervix. I think this is normal.

Amy

Old 01-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
    bamagrl
    (female)

bamagrl HB User

Hey Girls, I've been on the ttc boards but I also have 2 children. I had those pains with my pregnancies and my doc told me that it was my pelvic bones starting to spread apart to make way for the baby. It would always hurt especially when I would first stand up to walk. Hope that helps!!

Old 01-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #7
    hlowrie
    (female)

hlowrie HB User

I get that too. I think that it could be like the last poster stated, the pelvic bones moving apart, or it is the baby moving around and putting pressure on the cervix. There are times where I will just be sitting in my recliner and I will get a sharp pain going threw my urethrea, like I need to pee now. And it happens in my vagina too. I think the baby just decides to torture us a little bit by pressing down. I will be glad when this baby comes. I am 32 weeks. Due Feb. 28th.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #8
    getting_tubby
    (female)

getting_tubby HB User

thanks girls. i've read that there can be a sharp pain when the water breaks & i was scared that that's where i'm heading. i'm not ready for baby to get here yet...give me 6 more weeks, baby, just 6 more weeks. thanks again!

Old 01-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #9
    ament
    Veteran
    (female)

ament HB User

I'm 37 weeks and have had the same thing for a coupla weeks. My baby's head is 'down there' and I feel tons of pressure. I'm glad to know it's normal though because I was wondering.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #10
    hez06
    (female)

hez06 HB User

Has any one had this pain earler in their pregnancy? im 18 weeks and have had felt 2 light shooting pains in there today.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #11
    getting_tubby
    (female)

getting_tubby HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hez06
    Has any one had this pain earler in their pregnancy? im 18 weeks and have had felt 2 light shooting pains in there today.
    i started having the pains around 16 weeks, but they didn't come as frequently as they do now. i told my doctor about it and she was concerned that i might have been dialating at that point, and sent me into the ER to have a vaginal ultrasound done to make sure that wasn't the case. everything turned out fine for me, but mention it to your doc & see what they think.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #12
    hez06
    (female)

hez06 HB User

rang the doc today and was told to go up to the early pregnancy unit, the nurse lisoned for the heart beat and that the baby was fine, i was wating to see the doctor but he was in surgery we waited there for four hours in the end i agreeded with the nurse that i would call and come back if the pain got worst as the doctor got called in to surgery again.

Closed Thread