It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Pregnant with Hashimotos AND Graves Disease

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
    jmcummins3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jmcummins3 HB User
    Pregnant with Hashimotos AND Graves Disease

I don't know if anyone can help me understand the possible effects on the baby of recently being diagnosed with Hashimotos disease and now Graves disease (both thyroid-related autoimmune diseases). From the lack of response on my Hashimotos post, I'm assuming that not too many people here have had the misfortune of dealing with that one, let alone that on top of Graves disease. I've never had a thyroid problem before and they aren't prevalent in my family, so this is all new to me. I have only been diagnosed since I have become pregnant and am only 14 weeks along. The endocrinologist is very reluctant to treat me for anything because I'm pregnant, but in the meantime, I've been having some pretty severe symptoms which affect my ability to take care of my 20-month-old DD on a daily basis. I am having the results faxed to my OB's office to interpret and tell me the possible risks to the baby (some harm may have already been done in the 1st trimester from what I've read).

Anyone have this and live to tell about it (it's not life-threatening, but some days I have so little energy that I swear I'm going to just fall over and die) and have a healthy baby? I've stopped reading books about the possible effects on the baby because I just can't deal with all of that right now and want to hear some real life experiences if anyone can give me some insight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
    brianna240
    (female)

brianna240 HB User
    Question Re: Pregnant with Hashimotos AND Graves Disease

so did you ever get help with your pregnancy? I know its been awhile since this has been posted, but i am dealing with graves disease and being pregnant! Its awful I had to go in the ambulance today because my heart started racing and I had to take 2 beta blockers before it would go back to normal! My TSH is 0.06 and my FT4 is 1.24 and form what I have heard my FT3 is normal too. So I hope the Endo gets things straightened out soon!! I worry alot I want my life back!!

Closed Thread