It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• surge of energy before labor

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #1
    paresse
    (female)

paresse HB User
    surge of energy before labor

Hello. For those of you who have given birth before, did you experience a surge of energy right before going into labor? With my first, my water broke on the day of my baby shower, perhaps because I was busy entertaining so I don't remember.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 AM   #2
    athome1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

athome1 HB User
    Re: surge of energy before labor

Yes, with my last pregnancy, I ended up cleaning the house and vacuuming my couches VERY thoroughly. Which is funny b/c I was unable to do this for awhile b/c my tummy was so big. But on that particular day I was determined. I realized later the next day after giving birth that I had cleaned EVERYTHING!

Old 04-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
    klr2k
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

klr2k HB User

Yep! I had a SERIOUS surge of nesting/energy the day before each of my other 2 DS's were born.....both times it never dawned on me that I was coming close to delivering.....its normal, or well Ive heard its normal!

Good luck!!
    The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:38 PM   #4
    LotusAwakening
    Veteran
    (female)

LotusAwakening HB User

it sure would be nice to get any kind of energy for me. i've been exhausted my entire pregnancy. the 2nd trimester wasn't so bad but it's come back fiercely. i'm 35w4d and am so tired all the time all i do is watch tv, eat, and sleep. there is nothing else i feel i can physically do. i can't wait to get some enegery in my life!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
    athome1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

athome1 HB User

Lotus,

I feel for you! I am 34 weeks and have gotten a cold from my kids. PLUS, my youngest isn't sleeping, so neither am I! The problem is, once you have that baby, you have no energy from being so sleep deprived! Ha Ha

Old 04-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #6
    mjbrandon
    Veteran
    (female)

mjbrandon HB User

I am waiting for that surge of energy too! I am 37 weeks and can't wait to get some things done around here! I just hope that the urge hits me sooner rather than later because I am already soooo uncomfortable!

My DH has already informed me that he is not gong to allow me to use my energy cleaning if he thinks I am nesting. He told me that he doesn't want me super tired when the baby comes.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #7
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

I hope that's what a surge of energy means! All week last week I had quite a bit of energy (despite being sore)--I did a pretty good cleaning of my house. The energy has subsided a bit over the weekend, although I think I will try to keep myself busy this week as well with cleaning (if I can) because I am so darn anxious....

Whiskers 38 weeks

Old 04-16-2007, 04:16 AM   #8
    Infinitum
    Veteran
    (female)

Infinitum HB User

Yep, I did TOO! hahaha I thought it was just me! The night I was due to be induced at the hospital (my babe was 3 days overdue) , I was steam cleaning the stairs and majorly cleaning the house ALL day with back aches and cramps. lol Hubby knew to not interfere as I was on a mission.

Good luck! ))

Old 04-17-2007, 04:40 AM   #9
    rouge
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rouge HB User

The day I went into labor I remember sitting in a chair in the cleanest house I have ever had

Old 04-17-2007, 05:01 AM   #10
    mjbrandon
    Veteran
    (female)

mjbrandon HB User

Aaaaah...I can't wait! The only thing that really bums me out is that it seems like I get my bursts of energy during the mid-late evenings and during the middle of the night. I have been making myself stop because I don't want to do too much and make myself overly tired. I just hope I get one of these energy bursts during the day, then......watch out dirt!

Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #11
    mjbrandon
    Veteran
    (female)

mjbrandon HB User

Whoa---ok I just had to add that I had my very first real burst of energy today. I literally cleaned the entire house top to bottom, and could not make myself stop obsessing over little stupid things! I just sat down for the first time in over 6 hours, and I am still not tired!

Wow, this nesting thing is powerful stuff!

It is really nice to have a clean house, hopefully this feeling lasts for a few days, then I will really be ready for this little one to come for a visit!

Closed Thread