It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Anyone take Nexium or other PPI throughout their pregnancy?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-24-2007, 08:22 AM   #1
    swig
    (female)

swig HB User
    Anyone take Nexium or other PPI throughout their pregnancy?

Has anyone taken Nexium or any other PPI throughout their pregnancy? I am having such a hard time with this issue. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
    Heyknack
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Heyknack HB User
    Re: Anyone take Nexium or other PPI throughout their pregnancy?

Yes, I am currently taking Aciphex (also a PPI) and I am 34 weeks pregnant. I have also taken Prevacid earlier on while pregnant. I have had chronic acid reflux/heartburn problems for several years, so I was on this medication before even becoming pregnant. It has just worsened while pregnant, but I have learned to deal with it as best I can right now I guess.

Have you had this problem awhile, or developed it during pregnancy? I'm not sure how long you've had the issue, but there are many things you can do as far as diet and sleeping habits, etc. that can help, so if you have more questions, let me know.

I have never taken Nexium, so I don't have any experience with that.

DD, conceived after infertility (3rd IUI), Born July 2007
    Baby #2, conceived naturally! EDD March 16, 2009

Old 06-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
    LUV2BAMOMMY
    (female)

LUV2BAMOMMY HB User

I am 28 weeks pregnant with my second child and currently taking nexium. I also took it during my first pregnancy and had no effects from it. So my advise is if you are having really bad heartburn take the nexium. It has been completly safe for me. My doctor had also prescribed me prevacid before the nexium and it did not work at all nor did the prilosec. Nexium has been a life saver for me. Good Luck

Old 06-25-2007, 05:30 AM   #4
    swig
    (female)

swig HB User

Thank you so much for your info. I have had bad acid reflux for years now and I have tried to ween off of the Nexium but can't. With my first baby I had no problems at all with heartburn or reflux until after he was born and it has been constant since. I really wanted to be off the medication before I tried for a second child but I don't think that will happen. I am hoping I am pregnant with my second now but I won't know for about a week. It is good to know that others have taken PPI's throughout their pregnancies without any problems. Thank you!

Closed Thread