It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• No morning sickness?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
    Gioparis
    Veteran
    (female)

Gioparis HB User
    No morning sickness?

Ok so i've been travelling since july 2nd- last visit to my home doctor was on july 1st and she told me i was 3 weeks pregnant (i thought i was more), during my first week of travel on july 9th, i visited a doctor in sydney and we did an ultra sound, she said i was 5 weeks pregnant, based on the size of the fetus..(she also scared me in saying that the cramps i have are not normal and is a sign of a threatend miscarriage, even though reading online says its normal since i have no bleeding, plus crams and mild to moderate and never severe). anyway, based on her measurements i am now in my 7th week (or 5th based on my doctor back home)..but i have had no morning sickness what soo ever..is this normal?..i have no symptoms at all of pregnancy...my breast are not AS tender as it was in the begining...they are still tender but not soo much...should i worry?..also..should i worry about the cramping? should i stay in bed? i still have about 3 weeks more holiday..im trying to find a doctor here who has an ultra sound...because i really feel like im 7 weeks if not more..but im worried about the cramping..could the fetus die without me feeling it? its my first pregnancy..pls advise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
    Leela_C
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Leela_C HB User
    Re: No morning sickness?

Some women never get morning sickness. I only had it for about two weeks. But I have friends that NEVER got it. You shouldn't worry about that. I don't know about the cramps, though. They can be normal, but they can also mean something else. I don't mean to scare you. If they're not doubling you over in pain, and you're not bleeding, they are probably nothing to worry about. Just see a doctor as soon as you can.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
    livinTX
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

livinTX HB User
    Re: No morning sickness?

I never got morning sickness. Since I'm 20 weeks tomorrow, it's probably safe to say I won't have morning sickness. Some women have morning sickness come on later, from 8-10 weeks, even as late as 12 weeks. I only got sore breasts around 9 weeks, and then it just lasted for 1 week. In the first trimester, really, my only symptom was fatigue & mild to moderate period-like cramping. In fact, I still don't really "feel" pregnant despite the fact that I'm getting a bit of a belly and have gained 5-6 lb. and am beginning to feel flutters and movement. Some women just don't have many symptoms. I considered myself blessed to be spared the agony of morning sickness. My sister had it terribly with both her pregnancies, and she was just miserable.

As far as the cramping, if it doesn't have you in agony, it's probably normal. I had period-like cramping off and on through about 13 1/2 weeks. It can be normal throughout early pregnancy and even farther into the pregnancy for some women. If you're not spotting, I wouldn't worry about it. I didn't have miserable cramping, just minor (like I was on my period), and I didn't go out of my way to take it easy. I have been exercising regularly throughout my pregnancy, 5-6 days a week, including the first trimester (of course, I was exercising pre-pregnancy as well). I didn't go out of my way to completely exhaust and tire myself, but I didn't see anything wrong with a 30-45 minute walk either as well as some light weight lifting.

Last edited by livinTX; 07-24-2007 at 07:58 PM.

Closed Thread