It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• My thighs are bothering me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-25-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
    Gioparis
    Veteran
    (female)

Gioparis HB User
    My thighs are bothering me

because they are touching-
    im 26 weeks pregnant- gained about 15lbs (i started on the low weight scale)- and have been eating reletivly healthy and working out on ave 2-3 days a week, but today i noticed my thighs are touching- its like they inverted or something- is this from weight gain or is it because the belly is poking out that the thighs touch? anyone has an appoinion on it? its quite uncomfortable

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2007, 07:21 PM   #2
    Brooke85
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Brooke85 HB User
    Re: My thighs are bothering me

I'm petite and my thighs have always touched though my legs aren't big. I think it's just the way my legs are built, but I have noticed last pg and this time too that they seem to be getting bigger(inner thighs). Most people would think it's silly, but it's something that has always bothered me b/c no matter how much exercise I do, they always touch. Everyone gains differently and that could be where more of your extra pounds are going. Don't freak out, though, a lot of it is water weight as well and doesn't necessarily mean it will stick around for a long time after the baby

Old 11-26-2007, 05:32 AM   #3
    Gioparis
    Veteran
    (female)

Gioparis HB User

thanks for your reply.
    I know alot of ppl would infact find this silly- but i was bothered by it last night- especially sincce ive been working out the past week (well, only cardio on the elliptical- but non the less a workout) it just seems like it touched overnight- as long as my thighs go back to normal im fine- because they bother me when i walk-

Old 11-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #4
    alamaz
    (female)

alamaz HB User

i noticed the same thing about my legs the other week and started doing the stair climber at the gym on the lowest setting (on 1) to help keep the muscle tone in my legs (hopefully). i'm not doing weights anymore and figured this was the next best thing. i have a complex about my thighs touching in general, stemming from my teen years so while it's very disturbing for me to have my thighs touch i'm trying not to think about it.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
    stonebonner
    (female)

stonebonner HB User

I think in pregnancy that is one of the places that just gets bigger. I measure with a tape measure weekly so I get a good picture of where all my weight is going. I think I have gained like 1 1/2 inches in my thighs since the beginning and about an inch in my arms. Some people gain extra all over and some just get the belly. I am one of the unfortunate ones that grow everywhere.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
    lindsay1026
    (female)

lindsay1026 HB User

I am 3 months postpartum and also freaked out when my thighs started to touch during pregnancy. I was a workout freak before and while pregnant and they still touched. I am happy to say though, that now they are back to normal (actually w/o working out much). Having a newborn has cramped my style as far as working out as often as I would like. The breastfeeding has helped loose the weight! So, I wouldn't worry. They'll go back to normal.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:47 AM   #7
    Apple pie
    (female)

Apple pie HB User

im suffering from the same problem as well, my thighs have always been touching even when i only weighed 47 kgs.. 5 years ago! lol and now being 21 weeks pregnant im 63 kgs and i have noticed how enormous my thighs have gotten!! the only thing i can do about it is wear tight cotton shorts under skirts and dresses

Closed Thread