It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• could bumps be skin tags? please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
    sg1112
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sg1112 HB User
    Question could bumps be skin tags? please help

im 17 weeks preg and i recently got these small white flat bumps on my vagina and i was wondering if they could be skin tags? i would have thought warts but im hpv neg so i guess thats not what it is but i cant think of anything else other then a skin tag. they dont itch or anything but they still worry me. please answer. any input would be really appreciated i get so worried about things. has anyone ever had anything like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
    tami52100
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tami52100 HB User
    Re: could bumps be skin tags? please help

I had them with my DS who will be 8 in less than a month. At first the health deptment said warts before ever sending me to a regular dr and being tested.So I was scared to death and stressing like crazy. Well I was tested and NEG. but I never found out what it was they went away during my pregnacy and I forgot about them until afterwards I have since been tested for HPV several times just to make sure and still NEG. I was tested with the last pregnacy for every STD possible and all was NEG then too and same with this one still NEG. So I have no clue of what it was never had them since they went away just as fast as they appeared.
    Don't think I answered your question but just wanted to let you know what happened with me.
    Tami
    our angel 2/16/05
    10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
    Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 04-23-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
    Sweetest_Pink00
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sg1112 View Post
    im 17 weeks preg and i recently got these small white flat bumps on my vagina and i was wondering if they could be skin tags? i would have thought warts but im hpv neg so i guess thats not what it is but i cant think of anything else other then a skin tag. they dont itch or anything but they still worry me. please answer. any input would be really appreciated i get so worried about things. has anyone ever had anything like this?
    If you were automatically tested for hpv because u were pregnant and it came out negative you can still have hpv. The hpv test doctor's automatically do is not for every type of hpv only the high risk types that cause cervical cancers. They dont test for the low risk types which are the strands that can cause genital warts. I read some of your posts and didnt want to answer with wrong information but i asked my dr. and this could be a reason you hpv test came up neg. try going back to the doctor and getting tested for hpv type 6 or 7. i think they are the ones that cause genital warts.... I hope this helps you.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:10 AM   #4
    tami52100
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tami52100 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sweetest_Pink00 View Post
    If you were automatically tested for hpv because u were pregnant and it came out negative you can still have hpv. The hpv test doctor's automatically do is not for every type of hpv only the high risk types that cause cervical cancers. They dont test for the low risk types which are the strands that can cause genital warts. I read some of your posts and didnt want to answer with wrong information but i asked my dr. and this could be a reason you hpv test came up neg. try going back to the doctor and getting tested for hpv type 6 or 7. i think they are the ones that cause genital warts.... I hope this helps you.
    I'm glad you posted that I forgot to tell her that the HPV they automatically test for is the one that causes cervical cance. I don't know how your dr is but at mine you have to ask to be test for the HPV that cause warts and when I was tested for that I asked to be tested for everything just to be safe.Thanks for posting that I seem to be getting forgetfull might be lack of sleep I'v been getting too.
    Tami
    our angel 2/16/05
    10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
    Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 04-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
    Sweetest_Pink00
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

i think this is why this forum here was created because i too have really been helped here with different questions and concerns i have had. I think is very great and helpful. you are very helpful and maybe you will help me too in the future or maybe you already have.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
    sg1112
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sg1112 HB User
    Question Re: could bumps be skin tags? please help

if they are warts what should i do? my next appointment is may 6th. is that too long to wait? i have never had any sort of outbreak before so i dont really know what to expect.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #7
    Sweetest_Pink00
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

You may have had hpv dormant in your system.. when you become pregnant your immune system is not as strong so even if you have never had an outbreak the pregnancy could be the reason why these are showing up now. Because different treatments can harm baby there is really pretty much nothing you can do at this time. The warts does not harm the baby during pregnancy. When the baby is born there is a chance that the baby came develop warts in the throat in you have wart during delivery that bleed. but this is very very rare. Once the baby is born you can have a few different treatment options such as freezing or burning off warts. also other creams. I think that after pregnancy they will clear up on there own once your immune system builds up more strength as it was before. I dont want to tell you that you have completely nothing to worry about but it is the low risk strand of hpv and although it will never fully go away your immune system can fight it off so that you wont get any breakouts.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #8
    sg1112
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sg1112 HB User

thanks so much for helping im really trying not to worry but im a chronic worrier when it comes to medical issues and health problems. hopefully they will just clear up on their own the idea of having something burned or cut off scares the hell outta me

Old 04-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #9
    Sweetest_Pink00
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Yeah i honestly think that they will go away on its own after the baby comes. I have read alot about this subject. I spend so much time online searching for things about pregnancy because i too am a worrier since my m/c. It will ease your pain one you fill up on alot of information that will help you throughout this pregnancy and future pregnancies. I cant wait to write the post describing how it was to hold baby for the first time, and i will look for yours as well When are you due?

Old 04-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #10
    sg1112
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sg1112 HB User

yeah i know what u mean i cant wait til its here so i dont have to worry about my health effecting its health. im due sept 22nd so i still got a while. when are u due?

Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #11
    Sweetest_Pink00
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Due date sept 6th. Its so exciting. I still dont feel pregnant all the time. I guess i wont really feel it until about month 7-9. Time is going so fast. Be sure to include posts in the Sept. Mommies category i started a new thread.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #12
    AnnD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Skin tags are just that tags that are very small but they sort of protrude off the body...doctors can very easily snip them off...they are not flat. Not sure what you have but I am sure your doctor would know...you can't be the first to have such a thing.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #13
    asako
    Inactive
    (female)

asako HB User

Regardless, you should CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR. Although the message boards are a great sounding board, there is no replacement for your doctor's expertise...

with that said, a lot of what is said here is true. Usually though with hpv, they try to remove the warts PRIOR to birth. Genital warts are extremely contagious. I think it was slightly minimized in stating that "the baby has a small chance of getting warts if they bleed." Warts are not only external (meaning on the exterior of the vagina--anywhere in the genital area) but they can be internal as well. Warts can be anywhere. Even if warts are not present, there is a small chance of passing hpv on to your child. Afterall, they arrive in this world through the birth canal! Also, having hpv doesn't automatically warrant a c-section. Warts don't typically go away on their own. if left untreated, they can get pretty bad i'm sure. I've heard of hpv infected individuals having cervical abnormalities clear up, but not warts...i oculd be wrong though as i'm no expert.

I'm not trying to worry you, but if you are genuinely concerned, don't wait til your next appointment. Just go in and that way you'll find out what you're dealing with and if it is serious, you can take care of it asap. If it's nothing serious, they you will at least put your mind at ease!

Last edited by asako; 04-23-2008 at 12:01 PM.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #14
    sg1112
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sg1112 HB User

i just left a message for the nurse to call me back cuz i am worried about it even though im trying not to be. obviously i want to find out what it is so i dont have to keep guessing but im kinda scared to find out what it is too cuz i dont know what they are gonna do to me. that might sound kinda stupid but i dont know whats worse, wondering what they might do or knowing what they are gonna do. err this sux

Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #15
    sg1112
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sg1112 HB User

the nurse called and said that when i had my hpv test done i was tested for the strains that cause warts and that was neg too she said they dont sound like warts but wants me to come in on tues just in case to find out what they are and help me not worry anymore. just thought i would add that incase anyone else ever has similar problems

Closed Thread