It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Im 30wks pregnant have a UTI infection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
    Italia 43
    (female)

Italia 43 HB User
    Im 30wks pregnant have a UTI infection

hey all i am 30 weeks pregnant with a girl. My baby dr just diagnosed me with a urinary tract infection.. Now i am very scared to take any antibiotics.. They prescribed me augmentin. i have not started it, because it states on the pamhlet i got at cvs that it can cause premature rupture of fetal membranes. I am so lost. My baby dr's nurse told me if i dont take it the baby could come out premature anyhow, because of me leaving a urinary infection untreated.. please help anybody.. i am so stressed over this entire situation.. i even purchased a 9 dollar bottle of bitter cranberry juice to try and get rid of this infection natural. thanks christina..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
    paresse
    (female)

paresse HB User
    Re: Im 30wks pregnant have a UTI infection

Is the UTI painful? If not too bad, keep on drinking CONSTANTLY the cranberry juice. Water it down to make it easier to consume. If it's not too painful yet, you might be able to flush it out. Good luck.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
    kittenkaboodle
    (female)

kittenkaboodle HB User
    Re: Im 30wks pregnant have a UTI infection

Hi Italia,

I had a UTI at about 25 weeks (I'm 37 weeks now). I was prescribed antibiotics, but I don't know the exact brand name. The dosage was only for three days (at two pills a day).

My doctor explained that the antibiotics were safe for pregnancy - way safer than letting the infection spread and hurting the baby or causing premature labor. Try not to be freaked out by the labels and all the warnings. Of course, you should take any medication and it's potential side effect seriously. But keep in mind that they have to list EVERYTHING that has ever happened to EVERY test case. So, if they tested 1000 pregnant women with this antiobiotic who had a UTI, and only one of them had their membranes rupture early, they are obligated to list it as a potential risk. Does that mean it will happen to you? Probably not.

Talk to you doctor. Trust your doctor. If you are concerned, he or she should be able to shed some light on the subject. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are no stupid questions.

Best of luck to you! I'm sure everything will be fine. De-stress.

Best,
    Kitten

Closed Thread