It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• tazorac and pregnancy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
    dalila1981
    (female)

dalila1981 HB User
    Unhappy tazorac and pregnancy

hi. i accidently got pregnant while using tazorac face cream. I saw some old posts on here of other woemen who did to. Did any of you deliver them and they were healthy?? Has anyone had a similar problem. I am depressed and scared. Any info please. Any advice or stories please.

The following user gives a hug of support to dalila1981:
    msmaryn (09-15-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
    dalila1981
    (female)

dalila1981 HB User
    Re: tazorac and pregnancy

Oh gosh, I see 33 views, but no replies. Anyone please any info....

Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
    LiseK
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LiseK HB User

Hi there, I don't know anything about tazorac cream or it's side effects but I wanted to respond to you because I know how frustrating it is when you post something looking for advice and no one replies, you just get views. I did a little reading and the only advice that I can give you is to talk to your doctor about it as soon as you can. Did you discontinue the use of it as soon as you found out you were pregnant? Have you seen a doctor since you found out you were pregnant? I hope everything turns out alright.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
    dalila1981
    (female)

dalila1981 HB User

Thanks so much for your support! I appreciate it. I have talk to my doctor who recommends what I didnt want to hear, but there is no way to tell. ?They took the normal bloodwork for healthyness of the baby who is still just a sac at 5 weeks then said I would need to go for genetic counseling the rest of the time. I saw a few ladies on here who I belive had the babies after using tazorac but they dont come on anymore I dont think. it is very scary and Im so confused all over a stupid cream.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
    LiseK
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LiseK HB User

Well if you'd like I can try to do a little more research for you and let you know what I come up with. I'm a geek for researching everything and anything and if it helps someone then bonus Have you thought about maybe consulting another doctor as well? I figure it's just an option. It is really early , did the doctor say what kind of defects were possible and what the percentage of women that give birth after use of this cream are? I know I like to know my numbers with anything. I'm kind of just like that though. Drop me a line or if you want even a personal message instead I check this pretty regularly and I'll let you know what I find.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
    niknak77
    Veteran
    (female)

niknak77 HB User

Hi just to let you know, I had to look up Tazorac, and after that I just had to look up info about tazorac and pregnancy. You most certainly are not the only one in your situation, in fact I found posts on several other boards about the exact same thing. Good news is, I saw that many of the women were having a healthy and normal pregnancy, and the ultrasounds they spoke of appeared completely normal, they were just very worried. Try not to panic, if you are considering keeping the baby at all, stop using the cream immediately. By all accounts of what I read, the women were reassured by doctors that if stopped immediately and especially if it was only used for acne, there was no reason to panic or think that the baby had no chance of being healthy.
    Call some doctors and ask about their opinion, perhaps they can help set your mind at ease or at least give you some advice. Most importantly, follow your heart, you know what is best for you.
    Whatever happens or you decide is best for you to do, I wish you the best.
    Good luck and please keep us updated on what's going on.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
    dalila1981
    (female)

dalila1981 HB User

Hi niknak77. Thanks 4 your help. I too found other posts and contacted all of them but got no replies. If I decided the worst I have now stopped the cream and will re-try the perfect way. I jusy dont know if I can chance a defect in my child and live with it knowing it was just for vanity. I feel like such crap. I wish I never used it, although I used it for 2 years without anyother mistakes. im just so depressed right now. It is the hardest decision of my life and just dont think it would be fair to chance something like this. i cant find anyone who had the baby to respond, and none of the 4 doctors I saw were happy about going through with it saying it was too much risk. I just hope I can get pregnant again. Im so sad.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #8
    magster04
    Veteran
    (female)

magster04 HB User

Hi Dalila, Am so sorry you are having to even think about the possibilities of your child being born with a defect because of a simple cream. It would be so hard, I'm not sure how I'd be handling it either, I almost freaked when I had to take high blood pressure meds while I was pregnant.

Also, like niknak77 and lisak asked, what kind of defects are we talking about here? What percentages?

Vi

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-16-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Disallowed topic.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #9
    dalila1981
    (female)

dalila1981 HB User
    Angry Re: tazorac and pregnancy

unfotunatly the defects major concern was underdevoplment of organs like lungs and heart. I just cant fathom bringing something into the wrorld with such cruel outcome. theres not even a test to show anything and they said ultrsounds wont show t all. i cant belive my derm never mentioned it to me until it was too late. i threw that damn cream away. its mostly based on women taking accutane which is also a vitamin a. thats why i tried to reach other women on here that i saw posted the same problem to see how there children were. its never been proven since they dont test subject pregnant women. the other thing is retin a itself is a class c where tazorac is x. but tazorac is suppose to be just another form of retin a. the docs scaredme to death and it was 3 differnt docs but 3 pharmasicts said it would be no problem if immideiatly stopped so i am even more confused. i also have a problem with panic attacks nd hate taking using meds unless neccessary so when i got the med i didnt read the paperwork and now i will have guilt forever.idont belive in abprtions but in this case i feel no option. its too serious and dont want a baby to suffer with what they mention could happen. i need to deal with this then get on a pre-natal and try again. im so embarrsed, it took me a week to even post the first post for fear of judgement. I thought for sure there would be more women on here who was in same situation as todays vain society every women is using anti agers epecially vitamin a creams.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
    magster04
    Veteran
    (female)

magster04 HB User

Hi, Have these drs ever seen a severe problem from the use of Tazorac?? Sometimes I think pharmacists are more familiar with the actual side-effects of medicines. I know our pharmacy is who we call before the dr. After all, the meds. are their business. I looked it up and what I found was women who had perfectly healthy babies, a couple of them even used it up into second trimester. Of course, I didn't find anything on someone having child with disabilities although there may well be some. I just know there are no guarantees of having a healthy baby every time anyway. My niece is downs, she's my sister's 6th baby, the rest perfectly healthy. She had to have heart surgery at 6 months old to correct her heart that wasn't formed correctly. Now she's 6 and her heart is healthy.

Vi

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-16-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Inappropriate comments removed.

Closed Thread