It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Fetus measuring small on ultrasound

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-16-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
    exxohhashh
    (female)

exxohhashh HB User
    Fetus measuring small on ultrasound

so i went in at 20 weeks for my level II (anatomy) u/s. After it was done the doctor told me my daughter was measuring about 10 days small for her gestational age. The doctor did not know why this would be happening because first i am 18, there are no markers for any chromosomal disorders, and everything with her body besides her size looks fine. and i had 2 other u/s at 12 and 16 weeks and her size was right on with her gestational age so it had nothing to do with my due date is off. so she told me i would have to come back in a month for another u/s to measure if she is growing. and if she is still measuring small, im not sure if she means smaller then 10 days behind, i might have the possibility of getting an amnio performed to rule out any chromosomal disorders. i am now 23 weeks 4 days and this thursday is the follow up u/s for her growth and im so nervous that she will be behind even more meaning something is wrong. did anyone else have this happen to them and if so what was the outcome?
    Additional info:
    1. i had quad screening at 16 weeks and came out negative.
    2. smoked up to 4 months (at first heavily) then cut down to about 3 a day and then quit at 20 weeks fully
    3. I am 5 '1 and weighed 120 pounds before i got pregnant and at 20 weeks i only gained 9 pounds. however my boyfriend is 6Ft and very big athletic played college football linebacker so he is big. he was also 10 pounds 2 ounces when he was born and i was 6 pounds.
    4. i also found out i had bv at 19 weeks and got treated for it.

i dont know if any of these things can play a factor in why she is smaller

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
    LauraLu
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
    Re: Fetus measuring small on ultrasound

You sound very intelligent and seem to be taking good care of your body - pregnancy is tough!
    If I were you, I would not worry in the slightest about a 10 day discrepancy. I would also refuse the amnio because I feel the risk is too great - BUT - that's just my opinion.
    Try and relax and enjoy the pregnancy...keep eating properly and don't get too caught up in the "weight" issues. That's enough to drive anyone crazy.

Closed Thread