It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Feeling like I did in the first trimester...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2003, 06:13 PM   #1
    kristen_channel

kristen_channel HB User
    Post Feeling like I did in the first trimester...

As I enter into the third and final trimester of pregnancy, I can't help but notice how I'm beginning to feel like I did in the first trimester!

I am so TIRED! All the time! I am lucky in that I am a housewife with no other kids yet, so I get 8 or more hours of sleep each night... but I can barely stay awake for more than 12 hours! I am ready to go to bed by 8:30 p.m.! People say, "exercise, that will give you energy" - WRONG. It just makes me want to go to sleep even sooner.

And the moodiness is back. I am either in a GREAT mood, or a negative, pessimistic, rotten mood.

Yeah, the second trimester was definitely my most "stable" pregnancy period!

Anyone else feel like this? I'll read your posts in the morning; I'm going to go watch "Fraiser" in bed and then fall asleep!

------------------
    Expecting our first child in June '03. It's a BOY!!!

Proud to be a Navy wife! Married to my wonderful nuclear submariner since April 2001.

Proud to be a Navy wife!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2003, 07:05 PM   #2
    siren24
    Inactive

siren24 HB User
    Hi! I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting close. I'm 25 weeks, and all the sudden the last few days, I've been exhausted. It's good to know this may be a normal pregnancy thing, because I failed my 1 hr. glucose screening, and have to go back for the 3hr. gtt on Thursday, so I was worried that it may be a gestational diabetes symptom. The thing about the symptoms of diabetes, excessive hunger, thirst, and tiredness are all normal pregnancy symptoms, too.

Old 04-01-2003, 09:59 PM   #3
    dinhtran

dinhtran HB User
    Unhappy

Kristenchannel,

Thank God someone understands how I feel!!! I have been posting this almost every time. I am 33 weeks and I can't even breathe. I feel so winded and sooo tired that I feel depressed sometimes. I thought I felt bad in my second tri BUT the third tri is definitely the worst. Your able to sleep 8 hrs. a day? I can't sleep that long b/c of the discomfort of my body. I do have gestational diabetes also and I can't even stay on the ******* diabetes diet! Its too stressful not to eat. I have to eat all the time so I just don't know what I am going to do. I see my dx tomorrow so I will ask her about my diabetes. I have some of my nausea back but its mostly from the reflux and indigestion. It gets worse every week. Moving around my house just doing simple house chores like laundry and cooking is becoming so painful and tiring.

At least I know I am not alone or crazy,

Serena

Old 04-02-2003, 05:17 AM   #4
    phillie2002
    Veteran

phillie2002 HB User
    Smile

It's very normal to have the symptoms back in the 3rd trimester. When I was pregant the doc said I would feel great in the second but then towards the end everything kicks back in, like peeing all the time because of the pressure, being tired, cravings, it's all normal. At least that's what I was told.

Phillie

------------------
    Go 2003 Philadelphia Phillies

Old 04-02-2003, 06:17 AM   #5
    Momofa4yrold
    Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
    Well, I am 24 weeks and it has already started. I didn't have morning sickness during the first trimester, just some nausia. I am more nausiated now than I was then. I never did get over the tiredness, but now I have to take like a 5 min cat nap about 2:00 or I am not going to make it. I'm just glad they are real easy going here where I work. We have a couch in the bathroom and I lay down there for about 5 min. My bowels are all messed up. One day I will have diareha and the next day I will be constipated. And, I really have been doing good at eating right.

I have also noticed that she isn't kicking as much as she use to. That kind of has me worried. I feel her maybe once or twice a day instead of hour. Is that normal? And her kicks aren't as strong as they use to be. It is more like just movement instead of kicks. Do you think something could be wrong with her? I don't go back to the doctor again until the 11th.

------------------
    Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 04-02-2003, 07:27 AM   #6
    kristen_channel

kristen_channel HB User
    I wonder if I have gestational diabetes, since so many of the pregnancy issues I have are diabetes symptoms?

I passed the first glucose test with flying colors when I was 18 weeks, and I have a second glucose test on April 7. Guess I will find out then.

Either way, yeah, the exhaustion, moodiness, constipation, peeing every 30 minutes, hip pains, and indigestion really sucks! I am so blessed and happy to be pregnant, but I cannot WAIT until the baby is OUT!

Momofa4yrold - my baby doesn't feel as active as he used to, either. I was so worried about it that I called and went to the OB last Friday, but everything was fine. I guess it's just because the babies are getting bigger. It used to feel like he was doing backflips all the time, but now it's more like an occasional poke by an elbow or knee. If you get too concerned, though, don't hesitate to talk to your OB; that's what they're there for!

------------------
    Expecting our first child in June '03. It's a BOY!!!

Proud to be a Navy wife! Married to my wonderful nuclear submariner since April 2001.

Proud to be a Navy wife!

Old 04-02-2003, 08:46 AM   #7
    Momofa4yrold
    Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
    Thanks Kristen. That makes me feel better. But, I'm only just starting my 6 month, I didn't think the baby should be that big already. As long as I am still feeling kicks I am not going to worry. I will just talk to my doctor about next Tuesday.

------------------
    Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 04-02-2003, 07:59 PM   #8
    dinhtran

dinhtran HB User
    Dear Momofa4yearold,

All babies are different justlike people, but I noticed at 33 weeks my baby twists and does somersaults like crazy most of the day. I remember at 24 weeks she was pretty active but like I said all babies are different. When I was 30 weeks I got scared b/c I didn't feel the baby really move for 2 days so I just stopped by and saw the dx. He immediately had me have an emergency sono and SURE enough she started to flip around when the dx did the sono! Maybe, if you also tell the dx that you have not felt any fetal movement for a couple of days then maybe they will also do a sono? I don't even set appts. when this happens, I just stop by and tell them I need to check the fetal heartbeat or something b/c I don't feel any movement.

Good Luck,

Serena

Closed Thread