It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Think you might be Pregnant and scared?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2003, 11:01 AM   #1
    dutchess-1979
    Veteran

dutchess-1979 HB User
    Lightbulb Think you might be Pregnant and scared?

I've seen a lot of posts lately where girls/women think they might be pregnant and are really scared. I know it seems sooo much easier just to log on to the computer and get a "quick fix" answer, but it will only help you feel better temporarily.

ALL doctors are COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL. If you think you might be pregnant but are worried about your parents, spouse or anyone else finding out... the best thing to do is make an appointment with your doctor. If you don't have a doctor, there are many free clinics that offer free, confidential pregnancy tests. You can tell your parents or spouse or whomever that you need to go get a check-up, or a physical, or some other routine exam if you are worried about them finding out.

Doctors and clinics can also offer you counseling to help you cope if you are pregnant, and help you tell your family.

If you are pregnant you need to get medical help as soon as possible, no if's, and's or but's about it. CONFIDENTIAL assistance is available. If you are not pregnant, then your mind will be set at ease, and drastically reduce your stress level.

PLEASE... if you think you might be pregnant, go see a doctor. The tests can be free and are ALWAYS confidential. Ask about birth control if you don't want to get pregnant in the future (Planned Parenthood gives away condoms if you ask for them, and supplies birth control pills for free if you can't afford it).

Everyone here is more than happy to answer questions and help alleviate your fears, but the best thing to do is to see a doctor right away if you think you might be pregnant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2003, 11:30 AM   #2
    Ksavage
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ksavage HB User
    Dutchess! I noticed that you are from OKC too! I just thought I would say hello! & very good advice BTW!

What part of the city are you in? I am actually S. of the city out by Blanchard! I hope you were able to dodge all the twisters that came for a short visit. I here that we could have more storms to deal with on Friday so keep your eyes & ears open!

~Kim

[This message has been edited by Ksavage (edited 05-21-2003).]

Old 05-21-2003, 11:54 AM   #3
    dutchess-1979
    Veteran

dutchess-1979 HB User
    Smile

Ksavage- I'm from Moore, OKC. We just barely missed the twisters actually. They took out the block right across the street from my trailer park. Since then I've been doing a lot of research on tornadoes, so I'll be watching the weather this week, you can count on it!

Thanks for the response! I had 2 friends in high school that had babies born with birth defects because they were too scared to go to a doctor because they thought their parents would find out. My best friend, Gina, also had a baby in high school and she got to a doctor right away. It was all confidential, the pregnancy test was free, and a counselor from planned parenthood set up a meeting with her folks to tell them the "news". Her parents were freaked out, but were able to deal with the situation much better because there was a medical practioner there to answer all their questions. The baby had a minor defect that they found right away and were able to monitor and correct with proper diet. If she had not gone to the doctor there is no doubt the baby would have been born with problems.

All of us want happy, healthy babies and early prenatal care is an absolute must. Stress is also very hard on your body, so if you can releive that stress by finding out if you are pregnant or not, you will be healthier and happier as well!

Wishing nothing but the best to all the ladies on the board!!

Closed Thread