It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

Help please!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2003, 02:56 PM   #1
mysterious150003

mysterious150003 HB User
Unhappy Help please!!

Does anyone have any info on Molor pregnancy? I'm not sure what is going on but have had three sono's that showed 5 sacs one larger than the others. The doc did not see anything in the sacs. He said I might not be very far along but I dont know. He said the little ones might be cysts. My HCG levels are very high. They took more blood today to test the levels again. I do not have normal periods so I dont have a way to est how far along I might me. I'm 20 and very confused. If anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 04:49 PM   #2
coppertop
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
A molar pregancy is when the fetus doesn't develop but the placental tissue grows out of control. HCG hormones will be very high, and your uterus will grow much faster than average.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-16-2003, 04:58 PM   #3
ordinarymom

ordinarymom HB User
Strangely enough I was just reading about this last night. "When a molar pregnancy occurs, an embryo does not usually develop. Other tissue grows, which is abnormal placental tissue. The most common symptom is bleeding durring the first trmester. Another symptom is the discrepency between the size of the mother-to-be and how far along she is supposed to be. Half of the timea woman is too large. 25% are normal and 1/4 are too small. Excessive nausea and vomiting are other symptoms. Cysts may also occur on the ovaries." They actually say these are moles on the inside of your body. I copied the info out of the book I was reading. Your Pregnancy Week-by-Week. The HCG levels can read increased with this condition. I hope that your outcome is what you want. It is very disheartning to find out you are having a false pregnancy if that is the case. I will pray for a good report for you. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by ordinarymom (edited 09-17-2003).]

Closed Thread