It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

mommarican read me

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2003, 06:55 PM   #1
LinseyM

LinseyM HB User
Post mommarican read me

Hi Mommarican, I read your posts over on the ttc board, and thought I would get in touch with you. I have been doing the ttc thing for a while too, but I have already been on the clomid for a while and Friday I go in for my lap surgery and a different type of HSG because I am allergic to the dye they use, so they will do it while I am under.

Anyways, I wanted to respond to your husband not wanting to do the SA. My husband went through this too. He ended up going through with it and he is fine on his end, which was a relief. Do you live close to the lab? Because if you do, a lot of times they will allow you to collect the sample at home (through masturbation of course) and then drive it there as long as you have it there within 30 minutes. We didn't live close enough, so my poor hubby had to do it in a little private room where he was afraid to touch anything. He did it though, and I was very proud of him. Even if your insurance doesn't cover the closest lab to you, it only costs about $100 to do it out of pocket and that is worth knowing. I don't know the exact numbers, but something like 50% of all infertility problems are the man's problem.
funny story-my neighbor went through all this stuff and her husband chose to do it at home and take the sample to the lab. Like I said, we really don't live close enough, but that is the only way he would do it. So, she waited by the door for him to finish then drove way too fast to the lab. Well, it was the middle of winter here in ohio and it can get pretty darn cold here. They also tell you to try to keep the sample at body temperature. Well, she didn't know what to do with the cup because she was driving a stick shift and couldn't hold on to it. So, she stuck it between her boobs to keep it warm! Then, quickly drove up the road to the lab. Thank god she didn't get pulled over for speeding. That would of been one heck of a story to explain to a cop.
Anyways, I really hope your DH will change his mind about having a SA if, in the next few months you still don't get preggo. It really is only fair-we go through sooooo much, if that is all he has to go through, that is NOTHING. Anyways, your story just really touched my heart because I feel we are in the same boat. I wish you all the luck in the world and please keep me updated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2003, 11:00 AM   #2
mommarican
Senior Veteran

mommarican HB User
Smile

Oh LinseyM, thank you so very much for your story! It made me smile!! You see, this is why I love coming to this board for the support that we all give eachother! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif ladies!

Well, I believe I have gotten over what DH said to me. We are just enjoying eachother's company, and I am just waiting for AF to show very soon. I still think I am going to have the tests done to make sure that everything is ok with me, but I am going to wait for a little bit like one more month... Thank you again for caring LinseyM! :heart1:

Closed Thread