It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

?? about heartburn

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2003, 04:24 AM   #1
mommyof3sons

mommyof3sons HB User
Post ?? about heartburn

good morning ladies. i hope someone can help me i am 20wks along and i have just started getting heartburn i dont want to eat it only happens at night before bed. i have tried everything.this baby also feels like he is right under my rib all day is this normal?it really hurts.i just keep pushing him down and he goes right back under there.any suggestions?also is it true heartburn means a head of hair??(old wivws tail?)
EDD 2-7-04 boy #4 Ian Christopher

[This message has been edited by mommyof3sons (edited 09-20-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2003, 05:55 AM   #2
LiLnuTTy
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User
Ive read that its an old wives tale.....but some women with heartburn have had babies with lots of hair....and some women that have babies with lots of hair never had heartburn at all.... thankfully, I never had anything like that....BUT my daughter LOVED to plant her lil self under my rib cage...and she would bounce right back after pushing her away....and yep, it is a lil uncomforatable.....dont be surprised if your baby stays there the rest of the time....Lydiah was there right from my ultra sound at 20 weeks...and loved it there. I always had a lil buldge under my right side under my ribs , it was kinda cute!
Just bear with it hon. You could try ly'n on the opposite side of where the baby is, maybe gravity will move him a lil bit to give ya some relief thats what I always did.

Old 09-20-2003, 06:27 AM   #3
ordinarymom

ordinarymom HB User
Try to eat smaller meals. At this time the baby has taken up a lot of room in there and ther isn't much space for your stomach even. I had heart burn really really bad with my first 2 pregnancies. I lived on tums. Some times in the middle of the night I would reach over and eat one. This time around, my doctor says that I can continue my perscription of zantac for acid reflux. It has been a life saver so far. And both my boys were born with plent of hair. I don't think it was the heart burn though.
Good luck!

Old 09-20-2003, 09:43 AM   #4
daina
(female)

daina HB User
Hello! I know how horrible the heartburn feels. I had it earlier on in the pregnancy and just like you, only in the evening. I avoid eating much in the evening, especially anything hard to digest. Also, drinking any kind of juice or lemonade made it worse for me. I have always hated drinking milk, but found that it really made a difference with the heartburn.
Hope it will get better for you.

Daina

Old 09-20-2003, 11:41 AM   #5
moni1

moni1 HB User
Don't believe the relationship between heartburn and hair. I never experienced heartburn with my first and she was born with a ton of hair and never lost it. I have heartburn occasionally with this pregnancy and my OB said Pepcid is safe to use, which is what I usually do. I've also tried Mylanta which works pretty well for me. As for the rib kicking, I'm fortunate to be carrying pretty low so I don't have to deal with that (unless things change in the next 8 weeks )
Babe #2 c-section 11/06

Old 09-20-2003, 06:59 PM   #6
tinkers
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
I have a hyatal hyrnea (sp?) and the reflux has gotten so bad that it feels like a heartattack. I have to take medication twice a day. But I was told to avoid acidic foods, eat smaller meals and not late at night. If you do need a bedtime snack something light is the best choice. Such as a bananna or toast.

------------------
Tink (Lisa)
EDD 02-04-04
#3 It's a boy!

Closed Thread