It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

Has anyone here conceived their 1st try????

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2003, 11:32 PM   #1
rainswirls
(female)

rainswirls HB User
Unhappy Has anyone here conceived their 1st try????

Hi......me and my boyfriend are trying to conceive. I was just wondering if anyone here that was trying to get pregnant actually conceived their first try???Or how long did it take you to get pregnant and any tips u have on conceiving. thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2003, 02:34 AM   #2
Suzy VDL

Suzy VDL HB User
My husband and I went off the contraception pill about January and concieved 3 months later but miscarried. We then tried again and fell pregnant 7 weeks ago, so took another 2 months to fall pregnant. Everyones body though is so different. Depends how fertile you are at the time of the intercourse, how regular your periods are and all that. I usually concentrate on trying to conceive about 1 - 2 weeks after my period and that works for me, but like I said everyone is different. Maybe you could try one of those ovulation kits you buy from the chemist? It is a testing kit that tells you when you are most fertile. It also depends on your boyfriends sperm count to, if it is low then it will make it harder.

Good Luck!!
Suzy

Old 09-23-2003, 04:30 AM   #3
UHC
Inactive

UHC HB User
I actually feel pretty lucky, and I thank god everyday. We were talking about start trying in Agust since May, I was already taking my PreCare concieve pills that I got back in May at my annual OBGYN visit, When August came, we tried and 2 weeks later, when I was 1 day late with my period (usually very regular) I took a home pregnancy test, and was POSITIVE, we ran out to buy another one because we couldn't believe it and AGAIN was positive. I am now 8 weeks and very happy. This is our first pregnancy....

Old 09-23-2003, 05:16 AM   #4
Bmom3

Bmom3 HB User
It might be rare, but it can happen.
My husband and I are so very blessed. I was told at an early age that I may not be able to have children because I'd had so many problems with ovarian cysts.
Well, I'm pregnant with our third child. Our first took two months of trying, our second took one month of trying, and this time it took no more than fifteen minutes! ... (we were on vacation with family and needed to quickly sieze the moment while everyone else was out of the house ).

Old 09-23-2003, 05:33 AM   #5
chloebug

chloebug HB User
Hi
There is hope. I came off the pill in June used protection in July (doctor says its better to wait after coming off the pill) and then in August we were pregnant. When they say it only takes one time they mean it. Good Luck

Old 09-23-2003, 05:53 AM   #6
ladybug _crazy
Veteran

ladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB User
hi rainswirls (cute name ) i hope you conceive right away cuz i can tell you it can be frustrating when you don't! i thought we would our very first try but that was last spring and i'm not pg yet. i think the chances are around 30% if you bd at the right time....i think the stats are that it the average couple takes 3-6 months to conceive if they are timing it correctly.

if i were you i would read 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' it is an awesome book on ttc and you'll have all the knowledge and tips you'll need! everyone here hounded me until i read it and i'm soo glad i took their advice. you can rent it from the library. i would also do a search on google for 'trying to conceive' and you can learn a lot that way. that is what i did and it helped so much! there was so much about my own body that i didn't have a clue about until i started reading this stuff.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2003, 09:01 AM   #7
jimjend

jimjend HB User
Hi, I got the big + on our second month of trying. I am very luck, I just used the ovulation calendar (I think on ***** - but I know there are a lot of sites that have them) and just got busy everyday from about 2 days before I was suppossed to o and for the rest of that week. Good luck & have fun trying!

Old 09-23-2003, 09:17 AM   #8
tryinfor#2

tryinfor#2 HB User
HI,

We conceived our daughter with only one month and one try, 2ND baby was a different story it took about 7 months, I am PG and due in MArch. Very Happy!!! Good Luck.

Old 09-23-2003, 11:09 AM   #9
mom2girlandboy

mom2girlandboy HB User
I am 7.5 weeks pregnant with my third baby and with all of my pregnancies I have gotten pregnant the first month we were "officially" trying. My husband always hopes it will take a couple months (lol), but it never seems to work this way. We are just blessed this way I guess.

DD 12/98
DS 3/01
TTC #3 since 8/03
missed miscarriage 10/03
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-23-2003, 05:51 PM   #10
besafe20
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Hi I don't know if this counts becuase I really wasn't trying to get pregnant, but I got pregnant the first time we had unprotected sex around ovulation. He used the withdrawal method but that didn't work I must be really fertile or something. Before I became pregnant we had only been having sex for three weeks prior to that (it was protected during possible ovulation which was only once before i got pregnant). I guess all it takes is one time for some people. Its strange that I got pregnant so easily because all of the girls in his family and his sister in laws had IVF done. He had one sister who got pregnant naturally but that was after two years of trying.

Old 09-23-2003, 07:34 PM   #11
warrsav2savage

warrsav2savage HB User
The very FIRST time DH and I had unprotected sex we conceived!! (our wedding night). it was rare too, because I had started my period THAT DAY! Needless to say, it was the only time we had that month, and the little one was produced!!

Old 09-23-2003, 10:13 PM   #12
slc

slc HB User
Hi,
I too am a lucky one! My doctor told me that due to my tilted uterus, I would need help getting pg. But, on our 1 year anniversary trip, DH and I tried all week. Sure enough, one of those times worked because I came home from that trip pg. I am now 15weeks and doing well. I wish you luck!

------------------
Baby #1 EDD 3/16/04
Baby #1 EDD 3/16/04

Old 09-23-2003, 11:22 PM   #13
rainswirls
(female)

rainswirls HB User
thank you all for the replys....you help me keep my hopes high!!!!congratualtions to all of you!!

Closed Thread