It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

Eating but still losing weight!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2003, 04:47 AM   #1
beabonnet
Veteran
(female)

beabonnet HB User
Post Eating but still losing weight!

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant now. I found out last week. Since then I've been eating 3 meals a day when I normally eat two and I'm eating more than I normally do. I am embarrased to admit, but I am overweight.

I am eating amounts that would normally make me gain weight and foods (not junk food - but lots of healthy carbs) that would make me gain weight. But in the last week I have lost 4 pounds. I'm not trying to do this. My GP didn't think it was a big deal yesterday when I told her I lost 3 pounds. Last night, I lost another pound.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2003, 09:21 AM   #2
ordinarymom

ordinarymom HB User
Smile

I lost weight in my first trimester too with my first two pregnancies. Be careful because it can pack on later. I am also quite over weight and I can tell you that it is harder on your body to be pregnant. My first one I was just about 30 pounds over weight and with my second I was about 100 over. I felt pretty good but when my body had an extra 35 pounds on it, it became difficult. I had high blood pressure and my back killed me. All of that ended after the birth and I lost the pregnacy weight. Try to get in the habit of better food choices now if you can. Lord don't I know that it's hard! I am a carb addict! It is not safe to lose weight through your whole pregnancy by dieting so you are bound to gain some.
Good luck and enjoy!

Old 09-23-2003, 10:21 AM   #3
curriermom
(female)

curriermom HB User
I am 12 weeks along w/my 2nd child and this is the 2nd pg in which I have lost weight. I am a little bit overweight for my height, but not much. With my DS, I lost 30lbs in the first 5 mo, so far w/this one I've only lost about 8lbs. My DS had no birth complications, no complications growing. He was a healthy 6lbs 3oz. That was 8 years ago and he's in the normal range for height and weight. My feeling is that all I need to do is to make sure I'm eating right and putting the right things in my body, the rest will take care of itself!
Good luck!

------------------
EDD 4/9/04
Juliana or Cole
DS Ben 8yo

Old 09-23-2003, 11:04 AM   #4
coppertop
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
As long as your eating nutritous food, I wouldn't worry about it. Many women who have severe morning sickness lose lots of weight and barely keep any food down, yet their babys are fine. Your baby is so tiny still, it doesn't need many calories.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-23-2003, 05:07 PM   #5
conniefo
Senior Veteran

conniefo HB User
Unhappy

Hello! I am going through the same thing as you are and I donot know what is going on. I also eat properly and I have lost 5 lbs. I started off weighing at 140 then I went from 140 to 160 then at 14 weeks 5 days I weigh 155. I started out gaining weight rapidly due to the progestrone hormones the doc put me on and now I am looseing weight and I too am highly concerned about it. I do have morning sickness still but I donot get sick enough to loose weight from it. I read that this could be dangerous so I am terrified. Good luck to you and I hope that things get better for you. I guess we will have to find out from our doctors what is going on

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-23-2003, 05:35 PM   #6
besafe20
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
hi i am not overweight but tend to gain it easily. I never ate meals before i was pregnant I just snacked a lot in fear of becoming overweight. When I discovered i was pregnant i knew the dieting had to stop so I began eating 3 meals a day plus snacks. The crazy thing is I only put on a pound by the end of the first trimester despite my increased eating. I am now 20 weeks pregnant with a weight gain of two pounds total! It kinda worries me that i havent gained more when i usually gain weight so easily. I have had morning sickness and fatigue really bad during this pregnancy so maybe thats why. But don't worry if you lose weight cause you will definately pack it on later according to my doctor!

Old 09-23-2003, 08:05 PM   #7
beabonnet
Veteran
(female)

beabonnet HB User
Thanks everyone for your responses! It helps a great deal to hear from others!

Old 09-24-2003, 06:02 AM   #8
Cindy_S74
(female)

Cindy_S74 HB User
I am due to have my second baby(suppose to be a girl) December 14, 2003 and I have lost weight during this pregnancy. With my son (he is 8 years old) I gained 18 pounds(after his birth easily lost those pounds) but with this one I lost, and he was 8 pounds when he was born. I haven't lost alot but I also didn't gain alot either to begin with. I was concerned and talked to my doctor about it and she is not concerned. She said the baby is growing and doing just fine and if I weighed 110 pounds(I don't...I'm overweight) then she would be concerned. I also eat 3 meals a day and snack during the day but still don't gain any and if I do I lose it. I don't think you have anything to worry about it. If something was wrong the doctor would let you know. Good luck to you and hope you have a good pregnancy. (this pregnancy is easier than my first and I weigh more now than I did with my first)

Closed Thread