It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

anyone else experienced back pain?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2003, 05:28 PM   #1
besafe20
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Unhappy anyone else experienced back pain?

Hello I am only 20 weeks pregnant and for the past week I have been experiencing terrible back pain. Its my lower right side that has become so painful. I went to my doctor and they thought I had a UTI at first but then my doctor said he didn't think so. I definately don't have a kidney infection (that would explain lower back pain). Their guess is that I have a torn or stretched ligament from the growing baby. The pain is so bad that if I don't take tylenol or ibprofen it brings me to tears. What do you guys think? My doctor has referred me to a physical therapist but I dont see how a ligament could cause so much pain. I would appreciate any responses. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
daina
(female)

daina HB User
I am almost 21w and I have been suffering from lowerback pain as well. This started about 3 weeks ago and at times it is really bad. I asked my doctor and he said it is pretty normal. It gets better when I go swimming and when I don't stand for too long of a time. Sitting on hard surfaces (rather than a soft couch) seems to help as well. Hope you feel better soon.

Daina

------------------
EDD Feb 7, 2004

Old 09-23-2003, 07:18 PM   #3
conniefo
Senior Veteran

conniefo HB User
Hello! I suffered from severe back pains when I was pregnant with my son. Crazy as it seems your doctor is right you could have a torn ligament which is severely painful and very unbareable at times. They also say as your body puts on that extra weight that you can develop back troubles but for you this is not the case because you responded to my post and you have hardly gained any weight so far which is a good thing considering that you are haveing severe backaches. I hope that you get to feeling better son and Good luck

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-25-2003, 08:11 AM   #4
besafe20
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Thanks for your support. Yesterday I discovered I had kidney inflammation. The doctor told me my urinalysis was negative for everything and I didn't have an infection. I was prescribed pain killers and an antibiotic called Augmenton. The weird thing is that last night after I took the antibiotic my pain seemed to go away and I didn't even wake up in pain last night. She gave me the antibiotic as a precausion but said there was no infection. Hmmm if theres no infection why did it take away my pain? She said the reason my kidneys were inflammed was because the baby was pushing against a nerve (I think the same one you mentioned.) I dont know I will ask my doctor about this today at my appointment

Closed Thread