It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

October Moms!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2003, 08:55 AM   #1
Ally2001

Ally2001 HB User
Wink October Moms!

Good Morning!

How is everyone doing? Hope everyone is doing well. Any more new babies yet?

There is nothing really new to report here. Just thought I would check in with everyone. Wednesday was our last Lamaze class. I really enjoyed going and glad we decided to go. It was at the hospital I am going to deliver at so it also helped me get use to where I will be staying at for at least two days.

Next week on Wednesday I have my doctor's appointment. I hope to be dailated some. But I don't think she's dropped yet and I'm not having any of those so called "signs" that I will be going into labor anytime soon. So I may have awhile to go yet.

Karcia, we can't wait to hear from you! Hope you & baby are doing just fine.

Have a great day!

------------------
Ally
EDD: 10-21-03
IT'S A GIRL!!!

[This message has been edited by Ally2001 (edited 09-26-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2003, 09:03 AM   #2
aev30

aev30 HB User
Hi! I am still here and feeling pretty good. I am not sleeping well at all though. I guess it is preparing me for the middle of the night feedings!
Ally- I hope you are dilated some and that I am dilated more!! I am soooooooo ready for this baby to arrive.
Where is everyone else???
Have a good day!!

------------------
Angel
Gavin Michael due 10/10

[This message has been edited by aev30 (edited 09-26-2003).]

Old 09-26-2003, 10:41 AM   #3
kmc235
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
I'm still here...waiting. Nothing new to report. My last Bradley class is tomorrow. Looks like we'll make it to the end. My due date is next Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if I went over, but you never know.

I've been looking for a post from Karcia. Guess she's really busy.

Glad you guys are doing well.

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby
IT'S A BOY!

Old 09-26-2003, 11:46 AM   #4
Ally2001

Ally2001 HB User
AEV, glad to hear you are doing well. I have been having trouble sleeping as well. Today I was up at 4:30am and couldn't fall back asleep so I got up around 6:30am, ate breakfast and then went back and layed down for awhile. Plus during the night I get up to use the bathroom a lot so I would say I am ready for the middle of the night feedings.

KMC, you never know you still could have your baby before your due date. Do a lot of walking and scrub your house from top to bottom. That may get things moving. I would do that but my doctor doesn't want me to have my baby before 37 weeks. I will be 37 weeks on Tuesday.

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 09-26-2003, 12:05 PM   #5
HEAVEN-SENT
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check in and see how you all are doing and if there were any new updates. I have also been waiting for a post from Karcia. I'm sure she must be be pretty sore from her c-section, and not to mention having her hands full with her new little one.

Alexis is doing great. I really wish we could post pictures on here. I must take atleast 40 pictures a day. Thank God for digital cameras ...otherwise we would be spending a fortune in developing film.

Well, I will check back in soon. I can't wait to hear everyones birth stories.

Ally - I never had any of those typical 'signs' either...I went to bed that night around 10:00 feeling perfectly fine...woke up at 1:00am with what I 'thought' were B & H, and by the time we got to the hospital at 3:15 am I was already 8 cm dialated! So you just never know girlie!

Good luck everyone!!!

------------------
Mommy to Alexis
9/15/03

Old 09-27-2003, 09:15 AM   #6
Karcia

Karcia HB User
Well, here we are! Xander Jacob Robert arrived at 8:40am on the 18th. The operating room staff was so excited, and they really made it fun and exciting. The experience could not have been better. I had no idea what sleep-deprived was before now. My heavens! I got about 4 hours total the 2nd and 3rd nights. The first was pretty good. Since then, some nights are 3 hours, and some are about 5-6. I just can't stop staring at him. He is gorgeous, but of course I am biased.

Heaven, are you breast-feeding? I am having some trouble with it. My nipples are really sore and cracked. At first, he wasn't latching correctly. His mouth was small, and he was young, (born at 38 weeks). Since Alexis was 37 weeks, I thought maybe you ran into the same issues. I am pumping right now to give my nipples a break. There are just too many advantages to breat-feeding for me to give up. I just need a break to heal.

Good luck everyone with your labor! It won't be long now. Get some sleep while you can!!

Karcia
Xander : born Sept 18.

Old 09-27-2003, 02:03 PM   #7
Ally2001

Ally2001 HB User
Karcia, it's good to hear from you! We have all been wondering about you. Glad to hear your doing well. Congrats to you on Xander Jacob Robert!!! Good luck with the breast feeding. I've heard it can be hard in the beginning.

Heaven, glad to hear everything is going great your way! That would be nice if we were able to post pictures. I want to see what everyone's baby looks like. I guess then you never really know when labor is coming then until "it's time". Since you didn't have any signs. I go to the doctor on Wednesday and he is going to check me to see if I'm dialated at all.

Mysurprise, good luck tomorrow! Hope all goes well and you have a quick & easy labor. Let us know all the details as soon as you can.

AEV & KMC, maybe this is your weekend. your both so close!

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 09-27-2003, 10:43 PM   #8
kmc235
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Congratulations Karcia! I'm so happy for you. A boy! Were you and DH surprised when you found out or did you guess boy all along? So glad everything went well and that you're both healthy. I'll need to get bf tips from all of you soon I hope. Are you using lanolin on your nipples? I've heard it's the best thing for them and you can breastfeed without washing it off. Pure-Lan is the brand I have (recommended by my SIL who had lots of trouble with pain and cracking).

Also glad you're doing well Heaven-Sent. I too wish we could post pics here because I know I'll have a million. I agree, digital is wonderful. Only problem is that I never get them printed. So I have thousands of pictures on my computer and backed up on disk, but nothing for the photo albums. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Ally, sounds like you and I are having similar sleep problems. I too was up at 4:30am a couple of days ago. Today I was up at 7:30am (very unusual for me becuse I'm NOT a morning person). And I swear, I got up to pee at least 10 times last night. You're right that this is getting us ready for when the babies come.

Mysurprise, best of luck today. I can't wait to hear how you're doing.

I'm still hanging in there. I'm having lots of BH, but they're never in a pattern. I get them a lot when I'm walking around, but as soon as I sit down they go away. I think my little guy is content in there.

Take care and keep in touch everyone!

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby
IT'S A BOY!

Old 09-28-2003, 04:53 AM   #9
aev30

aev30 HB User
Hi!
Karcia-Congratulations on your baby boy! That is so exciting and I am glad that you had a good experience with the c-section.
Kmc-I also having a lot of BH but no pattern and they happen mostly when I am out walking around my neighborhood(which is 3 times a day!). I think my little boy is content as well but I am also not due until 10 days after you. Good luck and I hope he comes soon!
Mysuprise-Good luck today and look forward to hearing how you and baby are doing!
Heaven- I am glad everything is going so well! That is encouraging for the rest of us. I am most scared about post partum depression because I have heard so many horror stories but you sound like you are doing great so hopefully I will too.
Ally-I am thinking at this point I may go until my due date. I had a lot of dreams in my pregnancy about September 30th though so we will see if they meant anything!
Take care everyone!

------------------
Angel
Gavin Michael due 10/10

Old 09-28-2003, 02:44 PM   #10
HEAVEN-SENT
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
CONGRATULATIONS KARCIA!!!!! We have all been waiting to hear from you!

Mysurprise - Good luck! Can't wait to hear little Haley's birth story! Please post when you are feeling up to it!

AEV and Ally - good luck at your appts. this week. Hopefully you both will be dialted a little. It would be great if all of us October moms went a little early...Not TOO early, but a little early.

KMC- sounds like you are READY to meet your little man. I'm betting you will have him any day now. He is just so happy and content in there - you made such a nice home for him the last 9 months that he doesn't want to leave.

Karcia - I'm right with you on the lack of sleep. I average maybe 4-5 hours a night. For the past 2 days she has been nursing every 1.5-2 hours. The first week of nursing was a breeze - no sore nipples or anything, but for the past 2 days her appetite has increased and my milk just does not seem to fill her up. She is a bottomless pit, and all she wants to do is eat. Last night my nipples were so sore (too sore to even pump) so I supplemented her with 2 oz of formula at 11:30 pm. She ended up sleeping until 4:30 am this morning! That is the longest she has ever slept. So we have decided that I will nurse her during the day, and supplement with a bottle at night. Hopefully that will fill her little belly up and keep her happy and content for longer than an hour at night! Is Xander latching on any better? Even though she was 3 weeks early, she latched on like a champ from the begininng. She certainly has her Daddy's appetite.

Sweetmelf - Are you out there?

Good luck everyone, and I will check back with you all soon.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

------------------
Mommy to Alexis
9/15/03

Old 09-29-2003, 07:53 AM   #11
Ally2001

Ally2001 HB User
Good morning all! Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

KMC, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been having sleep problems. But actually last night was the first time in a week that I actually can say I slept great. Leg cramps are the main thing that keep waking me up besides having to pee. I've tried everything they say to do for leg cramps but it just doesn't seem to work. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

AEV, Don't give up hope yet. Maybe September 30th is the day! Just have to wait and see. Oh wait! that's tomorrow already and then it's October already!! This month has gone so fast.

Heaven, Thanks for the luck at my appt on Wednesday. It would be nice to go a little early, your right! I still need to get everything together. I'm STILL not all the way packed for the hospital yet.

Take care all and have a great day!

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 09-29-2003, 04:32 PM   #12
kmc235
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Hi there,

Last night I lost my mucous plug! I went to bed and a few hours later started getting some intense contractions. These weren't at all like bh; the were more like menstrual cramps. Then throughout the night I kept getting the bloody discharge. I'm still getting it today. It kind of freaks me out since I haven't seen blood for nine months, but I know it's normal. The cramps hurt pretty bad, but they're not like active labor contractions because they don't have a pattern and I still can't distinguish when they start and end. I happened to have an appt with the midwife today and she checked me internally for the first time. She said I'm 1cm dialated, 75% effaced and -1 station. She also guessed that it would be another week. Ugh! I know that it was just a guess though and it could happen any time. We'll see. I'll keep you all updated.

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby
IT'S A BOY!

Old 09-30-2003, 05:14 AM   #13
aev30

aev30 HB User
Hi everyone!
Kmc-I think you are definitely going before a week is up! You are so close-sending lots of labor vibes your way!!
I have a doctor's appointment later today so I hope she tells me I have dilated more. I had some cramping in the middle of the night but I am convinced it is just gas!
How is everyone else???
Have a great day!

------------------
Angel
Gavin Michael due 10/10

Old 09-30-2003, 07:22 AM   #14
Ally2001

Ally2001 HB User
KMC, Sounds to me like you will be having your baby real soon. You may have already had him by now. I wish you the best and can't wait to hear all about your little one.

AEV, Good luck at your doctor's appointment today. Let us know if you find out any news! I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon.

Hope everyone is doing well.

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 10-01-2003, 05:13 AM   #15
aev30

aev30 HB User
Good morning! Well my doctor says that I am 2cm dilated and that this baby boy could come any day or hang in until my due date. It's not long either way but I am just so ready to meet him.
Kmc-Where are you?? Maybe since we didn't hear from you that is good news!!
Ally-Looks like it might just be you and I left.
Let us know how your appointment goes. I hope you get good news!
Have a great day everyone!

------------------
Angel
Gavin Michael due 10/10

Closed Thread