It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

Why is my morning sickness getting worse????

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2003, 12:32 PM   #1
taharra

taharra HB User
Angry Why is my morning sickness getting worse????

Hi everyone! I'm 11 weeks along and up until about 2 weeks ago I felt nauseous quite a bit but I wasn't actually throwing up. Yuck, I know. But the last couple of weeks, my morning sickness is getting worse and it seems like it should be getting better. Now I am nauseous all the time and throw up every day. I don't understand. Could I just be going thru a growing spurt and producing extra HCG? Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2003, 01:15 PM   #2
conniefo
Senior Veteran

conniefo HB User
Unhappy

Hello! I know how you are feeling I am 14 weeks and I am still haveing morning sickness. I believe it is due to high levels of hormones and unfortunately you can have morning sickness your entire pregnancy. I would call your doctor if it is getting to where you can not hold anything down they can give you a medication that will help it.The meds won't take it completely away but it does help control it a little more.

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-19-2003, 01:18 PM   #3
curriermom
(female)

curriermom HB User
taharra~

i know exactly what you're feeling, try taking a 50mg Vit B6 and a 1/2 tablet of Unisom b/f you go to bed at night, you'll be amazed at what it does! i can actually eat during the day. Up until i started this, i had lost about 6 lbs/week, now i'm gaining a little and i'm also at 11 weeks. Sometimes the nausea and vomiting hits people differently! good luck and let me know

------------------
EDD 4/9/04
Juliana or Cole
DS Ben 8yo

Old 09-19-2003, 01:32 PM   #4
taharra

taharra HB User
I'll try that, thank you! I guess I'm just puzzled that I'm just now getting sick!

Old 09-20-2003, 02:36 PM   #5
astrophel

astrophel HB User
I know that there is a condition of extreme morning sickness. I think it's called Toxemia. I would talk to your doc if the other things don't work out OR if it worsens (word??). also, my prenatals make me sick if I take em anytime throughout the day. I started taking them before bed and it's been fine so far. I thought I was the only crazy one who couldn't take vitamins until one of my friends told me it happened to her as well. It could jsut be something as simple as that.

Old 09-22-2003, 04:32 AM   #6
lil'momma

lil'momma HB User
Morning sickness usually gets worse due to your hormones going up.(which is actually a good sign that you are having a healthy pregnancy) Try eating saltine crackers EVERY 2 HRS. It seemed to have helped me a little during that time. Also when I was so sick and couldn't tolerate milk and couldn't eat a whole lot I would drink some of those slim fast drinks. (it has nutrients and high calcium, at least I was getting something) If it gets to bad or if it gets bad where you cannot tolerate liquids your dr. can prescribe meds that are safe to take.( you do not want to get dehydrated!) Phergan was prescribed for me and it was like a miracle drug. It made me kind of sleepy at first until I got use to it. Everyone is different though and what works for some may or not work for others but there are other meds you can try until you find one that helps.

Old 10-08-2003, 03:36 PM   #7
Peaches3333

Peaches3333 HB User
Cool

Hi, I know what you are going through. This is when my sickness started getting worse as well. My midwife told me that the placenta develops fully at around 10-12 weeks, causing extra hormones to be produced in the body, therefore, causing more sickness! So, at least you know that everything is functioning well. I am now 21 weeks and my sickness is gone! So hang in there, it will get better. Between 10-14 weeks though, I couldnt move off the couch.

Old 10-08-2003, 08:10 PM   #8
chrislove
Veteran

chrislove HB User
Hi, My wife was sick during this entire pg we just went through. We ended up having a boy and she had two girls b4. This is why the doc said she was so sick. It's Not called toxemia (that's swelling, headaches, higher blood pressure, etc.)...it's called hyperemsis and can cause major dehydration and hospitalization. my wife had to be admited for iv fluids 3 times and spent one weekend there too. She lost 15 lbs during the first 14 weeks and tried a number of home remedies, meds and changes in diet. The thing that worked best for her was Not eating and drinking at the same time (wait about 20 mins. in between), eating dry crackers 15 min b4 getting out of bed and taking zofran ( an anti-nausea pill that dissolves on your tongue. It did get better then got worse again at the end. She gained her 35 lbs though and lost it immediately after our son Jack was born. She kept on about 30 lbs after her girls were born and just lost that weight about 2 yrs. ago. So she is happy about that and our son is very, very healthy besides his thrush, colic and reflux. He's growing normally and above average in height and weight. Hope you feel better soon. take care ladies Chris

Closed Thread