It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

High hcg levels and measuring big... twins?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
KatherineGAC
(female)

KatherineGAC HB User
High hcg levels and measuring big... twins?

Hello, I am a little concerned and have quite a bit on Google, I know the most reliable, that it is possible to miss twins at early ultrasounds. First let me explain the situation and then I will state my concerns. Back in November of 2011 I found out I was pregnant, at the end of November before I could get into a dr I had heavy painful bleeding and assumed miscarriage. I kept assuming miscarriage when I bled in December and January of 2012. I have had children before, I have a five year old boy and a one year old boy and both pregnancies went pretty ok. My one year old however was a twin and I lost the twin early on in the pregnancy like right around the second trimester so I know I am able to have twins and it is in my family and the father of the baby has quads on his side of the family he has four quad sisters lol.. anyways I found out I was pregnant, again, sometime in Feb 2012 and I was not sure if was same pregnancy as before and I did not realize it or if was a new one and when exactly I would have conceived because I lost track of my dates and was very irregular anyways. Well I went in to er because of constant upper abdomen pains which was determined to be bladder infection or kidney infection but when I was there my blood levels were extremely high and my uterus was being measure at 12 to 16 weeks closer to the 16 weeks mark as that put me closer to my levels but still not close enough. There was no ultra sound ordered as there was none available at that hospital but the dr told me he was very concerned about it being twins. Well I got an ultrasound done about two weeks later and the ultra sound showed a baby measuring only 12 weeks, healthy looking but much smaller than what i was expecting and there was no real search for any other babies even though that was our concern and the Dr.s plus she said she had troubles due to my very full bladder. So my concern as you are probably guessing is whether or not it is possible to still be having twins as I truly feel I am, I am still sick, unable to eat a lot very very fatigued showing quite a bit and had been feeling movement not gas for at least a week maybe two prior to the ultrasound and I can feel movement right under my ribs which is driving me crazy because i know it is not gas it reacts to my cat sitting on me and I will feel movement way low where they saw the baby and way high in ribs almost at same times. So any suggestions as to what high levels and measurements of uterus but small measurements and lots of movement can mean would be greatly appreciated. I live in a very poor state and doubt that I will get another ultrasound soon, probably at my what they think will be 20 weeks but am just concerned and really want my mind to be put at rest. Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
Belly Kelly
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: High hcg levels and measuring big...twins?

At 12 weeks, they would definitely be able to tell if there were twins. I am 11 weeks and I could see my twins at 7 weeks, two heartbeats and all. There is no way they would miss a twin at 12 weeks. Maybe you are having a girl this time around???

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy advice, twins