It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board

Dyshidrotic eczema and allergic reaction

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2015, 04:14 AM   #1
Ntersigni
(male)

Ntersigni HB User
Dyshidrotic eczema and allergic reaction

Hi everyone,

I'm 25 years old and I've never had a skin problem until about 3 months ago when my sister and her dog (Australian Shepherd) moved in with me.

About a week and half to two weeks after living with her and the dog, I began noticing itchy hives that would appear randomly in clusters all over my body. Primarily my thighs, stomach, and arms.

Recently (for the last three weeks or so) it has taken a turn for the worse. Small, stiff bumps, sometimes fluid-filled that are very itchy have been concentrated on my hands and feet. Really on my feet (on sides and toes). I still itch all up and down my legs and arms.

I've tried over the allergy medicine like Benadryl etc. Didn't really help. I've tried creams like Cortizone, kind of helped, but not really.

I've been losing sleep.. Im becoming depressed.. Im not working out anymore.. Im just not myself.. This is really taking a toll on me..

My sister and her dog are moving out in February so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

But my question (concern) is if it is the dog at all.. Is it a coincidence that I now have this skin irritation shortly after living with a dog with so much dander? Or could the dog hair and dander be causing this allergic reaction?

I've done all the research I could possibly do (every night all because I don't sleep anymore) and it sounds like it could possibly be a form of eczema.. So far I've come up with dyshidrotic eczema.. But some of the pictures look really severe.. And it's not on my soles or Palms.. But on the sides of my toes and fingers.

Is this temporary because of the dog.?

Is it concentrated on my feet because there's a blanket of fur and dander on the carpet I'm walking on.. No matter how much I vacuum! I've avoided physical contact with the dog and the hives went away. I'm still itchy all over sometimes though because I can't avoid the dander.

I'm so lost! Any information will help.. I just want to know what's wrong with me..

I'm a full time student and I currently have no insurance, so seeing a dermatologist isn't a reality for me at this time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
Ron6565
(male)

Ron6565 HB User
Re: Dyshidrotic eczema and allergic reaction

My dermatologist told me "This is Pen, I know its a Pen, you know it is a pen so there is no reason to send it out for tests"

Reply Reply