It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board

Skin; Psoriasis; Dermatitis; Rosacea; Eczema; rash ??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
555dave
(male)

555dave HB User
Skin; Psoriasis; Dermatitis; Rosacea; Eczema; rash ??

Hi

I'm thirty two years old. I've been having skin problems for the last three and a half years of my life. I have scalp psoriasis and also get random patches all over my body. At the moment it's under control with various creams and shampoos, but it's an on going battle.

For the last eight months, new red patches (a couple of them are slightly raised) have appeared on my face. At first i thought it was psoriasis, but after applying the right creams, there were no results, unlike with the rest of my psoriasis. The symptoms are quite different as well. There's no itching and patches/small bumps tend to be less visible the cooler i am - eg. When i've been sleeping in air conditioned room, i wake up and the patches/bumps tend to be a light pink colour instead of the usual reddish.

I went through a horrible divorce three and a half years ago. Maybe stress is the trigger for my skin problems. Also, shortly after my break i moved away to Thailand. I've been here for the last three years. So maybe the climate change has had an affect on me. I've been to the doctor here in Bangkok, but they barely even look at my face and write it off as psoriasis. It's all private, and they seem eager to just prescribe me steroid creams and take my money asap... then hurry their next customer in. Like i said, steroid creams haven't worked one bit and i've tried three different strengths. I know all the risks with steroid creams, so i've quit going to the doctors and wasting money on these products.

I've tried different moisturisers and creams. I try to wash my clothes in non perfumed detergents. I use non perfumed soaps and shampoos. All natural products. I thought it could be a heat rash, but everyone i've spoken to tell me it would have cleared up after eight months. I even think it might be a reaction from a face cream i was using before the rash broke out. My diet has drastically changed since i moved here, maybe that could be a contributor ? The more i search on the internet the more confused i am. Can worry yourself to death with all the stuff related to skin rashes on here.

I hope someone can help, it really bothers me having these patches on my face, and more seem to be appearing every month.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited by Administrator; 06-25-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread