It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board

• What works??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
    kelleann09
    (female)

kelleann09 HB User
    Wink What works??

Hi everyone. I'm new to the boards. I have had psoriasis now for about 10 years and through the years it has just gotten worse. It is on my arms, elbows, knees, and legs. Now I'm noticing it's starting on my face. I have tried every cream and ointment imaginable. My dermatologist wants to try oral meds, and injections, but I am petrified of the side effects. Is there any natural remedies that you have tried? I'm willing to try anything before taking the meds. I would appreciate all feedback. Thank you so much. Xoxo...Kelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #2
    NaturalBlondie
    (female)

NaturalBlondie HB User
    Re: What works??

I am in the same boat...going on fifteeen years now. I am also wary of heavy steriods and injections. The residual benefits are not worth the risk of the side effects. I have tried many over-the-counter remedies that have worked in lessening the severity of the psoriasis. Some supplements you can try: coconut oil, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and tea tree oil. Also, I have recently started regular baths with sea salt or Epsom salt and this seems to help. And light therapy is an option. Good luck!

Old 01-08-2016, 11:38 PM   #3
    patricker
    (male)

patricker HB User

I am 15-years experienced.. Best option for me - sun&sea..

Old 04-07-2016, 03:13 AM   #4
    RihoZN
    (male)

RihoZN HB User

Very shortly: This is inflammation! You find help from the right natural Omega 3 product, but producer must promise a ratio of 3:1 or lower and itís important to use independent laboratoriesí blood test for measuring Omega 3 effect and Omega 6:3 ratio due to its importance. If you hold a ratio 3:1 or lower then skin diseases will disapear. Eat a diet rich in omega-3 and low in carbohydrates and exercise is a crucial factor for good health.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #5
    Triumph1050
    (male)

Triumph1050 HB User

Yes sunshine works for me I work outside and it's almost all gone. I hoping quiting smoking helps too.

Closed Thread