It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board

• Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-03-2004, 08:56 AM   #1
    CheerAngel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CheerAngel HB User
    Question Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

Hi, I have been searching for a very long time on some of the weird symptoms that I have been getting. Then one day, I came across POTS, Postural Orthostathic Tachycardia Syndrome. I read about it and found out that most symptoms fit. I have this problem where whenever I get up from any position, my head would feel heavy, eyes feel painful and some kind of pressure, heart races and pounds, eyes goes blackout (temporary blind)... I hope to hear from others with this problem and those who knows about it. I am going to see my cardiologist in a few days, and might want to mention about POTS to him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2004, 05:41 AM   #2
    dizzytex

dizzytex HB User
    Re: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

I've got neurocardiogenic syncope and POTS (lumped together as dysautonomia). I've also got a seizure disorder, diabetes, and arthritis. The symptoms are a pain in the butt, and have resulted in being hauled off by ambulance many times. Neurontin and Inderal have helped me the most. (after many trial and errors w/ diffferent meds).

Old 03-14-2004, 06:31 AM   #3
    CheerAngel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CheerAngel HB User
    Cool Re: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

Hi dizzytex, I would like to know how you are diagnose with POTS, like how's the table tilt test. Did the blood pool in your leg? How high is your heart rate? I am at a lost now and don't know what to do and what kind of doctor treats POTS. A cardiologist? If anyone out there has experience and informations please help me. thanks!

Old 03-14-2004, 02:22 PM   #4
    hilery79
    Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
    Re: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CheerAngel
    Hi dizzytex, I would like to know how you are diagnose with POTS, like how's the table tilt test. Did the blood pool in your leg? How high is your heart rate? I am at a lost now and don't know what to do and what kind of doctor treats POTS. A cardiologist? If anyone out there has experience and informations please help me. thanks!
    cheerangel,
    I am in the same boat. I am suspecting that I have POTS, but don't know where to go for a diagnosis. I'm going to print out a list of the symptoms and take them to my PCP tomorrow to see what he thinks and go from there.
    Keep me posted. hilery

Closed Thread