HealthBoards (
-   Rare Disorders (
-   -   Need Specialist (

ndvoice 07-18-2009 03:36 PM

Need Specialist
Can anyone recommend a specialist to help with diagnosis of PFAPA? We are in New Hampshire. My son is 5 and his PCP has been little help.

Thank you!


zuzu8 08-07-2009 03:42 AM

Re: Need Specialist

Shame on your PCP for not trying hard enough to give you a referral.
I would contact the New Hampshire Pediatric Society (NHPS) or it might also be called The New Hampshire Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (NHPS). I am sure they will be able to help you find a good specialist for this rare syndrome.
Or you can also try the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, where I've read that there are some pediatricians who have seen kids with PFAPA.

Good luck!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:25 PM.