It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board

• Can Neurocardiogenic Syncope go away? Confused

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
    clinne
    (female)

clinne HB User
    Can Neurocardiogenic Syncope go away? Confused

My cardiologist has passed away about 6 months ago... The fill in doctor has has had some really strange ideas... He wants to stop my meds and see if I still have NCS..WHAT THE FUDGE!!!! I really don`t want to experience the fainting seizure like spells again.. I still have all the annoying symptoms (fatigue, weakness, headaches, cant handle the cold too long or the heat and just plain bad days).. I have been to hundreds of doctors who have told me I will have this for the rest of my life and now this one says it can compleatly go away.. I`m going on 7 years with NCS.... I am very confused now and curious as too if this is true.. Any advice will be appriciated..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
    ladyabby
    (female)

ladyabby HB Userladyabby HB User
    Re: Can Neurocardiogenic Syncope go away? Confused

Hi Clinne,
    I just stumbled upon your post and wanted to give you an answer. Neurocardiogenic Syncope will not go away or disappear. It's a lifelong problem and I don't know what your cardiologist is talking about telling you that it will. I was diagnosed several years ago...2 positive tilts. But after being diagnosed, I started thinking about all those times growing up and having fainting episodes and I'm sure they were all a result of neurocardiogenic syncope. When I was younger, people didn't go to doctors very much so I wasn't diagnosed until I was in my 40s. Now that I'm an adult and work in healthcare, I'm more informed. Listen to your body...you know what triggers your episodes and what you need to do to prevent/head them off. I would get a new cardiologist. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread