It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rare Disorders Message Board

• PFAPA syndrome

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-14-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
    catinhat95

catinhat95 HB User
    Post PFAPA syndrome

My daughter has suffered from PFAPA syndrome for seven years. We have tried it all, prednisone, tagamet, whatever they told us to do. Now I think we have the answer. We just found out that our daughter has a allergy to wheat, she is now seven years old. Allergies are an immune system response. Wheat is in almost everything so it is a very systemic allergy. Since stopping the wheat, she has had no Pfapa fevers. I am thinking this was the problem all along. Wheat is a delayed response food allergy so the symptoms can be hard to pin down. Some people believe that wheat allergies can cause anything from Raynaud's disease to fibromyalgia to asthma. If your child has the mysterious Pfapa syndrome and you are fed up with no answers, look into this. Who knows? Lana

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 06-14-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2002, 06:11 AM   #2
    Sheryl Lagge

Sheryl Lagge HB User
    Lana . I didn't get the information to look at from this board but I am curious on the idea of the wheat allergy. My daughter has Pfapa and I also thought among a few other things that it could also be an allergy. When she was a baby she was very allergic to various things, ecspecially milk but now there is not any specific diet she is on. She takes Prednesolone and it aborts the fevers. Anyways, please let me know of any clues that you can on searching for some answers for my daughters health. Her fevers are every 2 weeks apart. When did you discover that your child might have an allergy reaction to a food substance? Thank for your time. Sheri

Old 06-16-2002, 10:11 AM   #3
    bgrg75

bgrg75 HB User
    WELL, MY SONN HAS PERIODIC FEVERSFOR 2 YRS, HE HAS SEEN A ALLERGIST AND HAS ALLERGIES BUT EVERYTHING HE IS ALERGIC TO WE KEEP HIM AWAY FROM AND HE STILL HAS HIS FEVERS,,,,I DONT THINK THE DOCTORS REALLY KNOW ENOUGH AT THIS TIME TO REALLY TREAT OUR KIDS WHAT ALL TYPES OF MEDS HAS HE TRIED IM ON THE MESSAGE BOARD AS 3 YR OLD FEVERS

Closed Thread