It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Raynaud's Syndrome Message Board

• Raynauds?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-01-2016, 09:44 AM   #1
    ohgeez
    (female)

ohgeez HB User
    Raynauds?

Hey there! I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

I had a question about whether Raynauds must be accompanied by pain, otherwise it is not Raynauds? I notice my hands are blue when I get out of the shower and when i walk into the grocery store with all the refrigeration (from outside in florida is a big temperature decrease). Anyhoo, I kind of assumed it was what I'd read about- Raynauds. My mom had an appt with her rheumatologist (for osteoarthritis) and she showed her my blood work results. She suggested I find another rheum bc I should be monitored more often than annually. My mom also showed her a picture on my hands and asked about that and she said if it doesn't hurt, it isn't Raynauds. It does sometimes give a prickly feeling as they return to normal color, but not usually. I wish I could post a picture. Maybe my hands just turn blue bc they're really cold
    But also an update on finding a rheumatologist. The rheum to whom my primary care dr originally referred me (and with whom I was scheduled in January bc the wait is that long) called bc I was on the cancellation list and a spot became available in about 2 weeks. This rheumatologist has a solid background and fantastic reviews across various websites. Plus, obviously my dr thinks he's good. So really looking forward to a do-over

Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
    luca689
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
    Re: Raynauds?

My Raynaud's is not always accompanied by pain. Of course, I will do just about anything to avoid a full blown attack, LOL. But I have noticed over the years that the longer the duration of the attack, the more likely it is to hurt.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:38 PM   #3
    ohgeez
    (female)

ohgeez HB User

Thank you for your reply, Luca!

Ah that makes sense. Mine don't last very long, just about 5-6 minutes usually, and no more than 10 minutes. Too quick to hurt
    I couldn't even tell you how long this has been happening. I've wondered if, even though it doesn't hurt for me, does it cause damage? Is it bad to let it keep happening? Should I try to prevent it?
    Take care!

Old 10-06-2016, 05:31 AM   #4
    luca689
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

Yes, even primary Raynaud's can cause damage over time. You really should protect your hands from attacks as much as possible and the best way is to keep them warm. Gloves, mittens, fingerless mitts and hand warmers are a great way to do so.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:53 AM   #5
    ohgeez
    (female)

ohgeez HB User

I meant to mention- I LOVE Beaker! Your picture made me laugh instantly.
    And also, I'm glad I moved from Chicago to Florida! But the a/c coming in from the hot outside does it to me. And getting out of the shower. I don't even remember if this happened back home at all. But I imagine it would be loads worse.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #6
    luca689
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I agree with you. Air conditioning triggers more attacks than does winter. Take care and good luck with rheumatologist.

Reply Reply